Orange Blueberry Multigrain Loaf. Orange Juice, Blueberry Compote, and Multigrain Cereal. Vegan Recipe.Jump to Recipe
I had some of the blueberry compote left. I used that and some orange juice and the new multigrain mix from Arrowhead mills 4 grains + flaxseed mix (wheat, oats, rye, barley, flaxseed)
The dough was a bit dry and then I got exhausted, so hubby helped me with the kneading and shaping.. Reminder to self, hubbs needs a bit more training about handling the dough!:D
Orange Blueberry Multigrain Loaf
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (250 g) bread flour
- 1/2 cup (20 g) multigrain cereal
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) of water
- 1/2 cup (74 g) blueberry compote
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- Boil the water and add cereal to it. Cook for 5 minutes then cool to a warm 110. Add the yeast and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- In the mixer bowl add the flours, salt and mix well
- Add in the yeast mixture, softened butter, egg, blueberry compote and half of the orange juice.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes, scraping sides every 2-3 minutes. add more flour or orange juice in little quantities if needed.
- Place dough in a covered container in a warm place for 1.5-2 hours. Spritz the top of dough with some oil spray.
- Punch it lightly and shape into a loaf by pulling on all sides, or by rolling it out into a rectangle and rolling the rectangle from one side and tucking the edges under.
- Place loaf in greased bread pan. Spritz the top with a little oil spray and cover with damp towel.
- Place it in a warm place or warm oven for about an hour.
- Remove towel, spritz top with some water and bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool for atleast an hour.
- I usually refrigerate it for another hour before slicing. The breads are usually quite fluffy and soft and refrigeration makes them a bit firm for nice and clean slices!
- Total time does not include 3 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving