Zesty and delicious orange buns. These buns are a great way to use up leftover fruit. Use them to make sandwiches or as a snack. Vegan Recipe.Jump to Recipe
- 2-3 cups (250 g) bread flour
- 1/2 cup (30 g) bran
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) water
- 1.5 teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 1/2 cups (117ml) orange juice and 1/4 cup (20g) pulp (pulp is optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 ml) olive oil
- 1 flax egg
- Warm the water to just about warm to touch and add sugar and yeast to it. Mix well and let it sit for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Grease the mixer bowl and add the flours,bran and salt to it. Mix well.
- Add in the oil, egg and orange juice and give it a whirl.
- Add in the yeast mixture and run the mixer with dough hook for 10 minutes. ( batches of 3 minutes with intermittent scraping)
- Add in more water or flour if needed. Dough should be soft, not sticky.
- Place dough in well greased container, covered with plastic wrap for an hour or until doubled.
- Punch it down and using some flour knead dough for a minute to reduce stickiness.
- Make 8-10 small balls. Shape balls by pulling on all sides and tucking under.
- Place balls on parchment, an inch apart and cover with towel and let rise for half an hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Total time does not include 2 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving