Veggie Pinto Bean Fajita Tacos with Cilantro Chile Lime Marinade. Vegan Fajitas. Amazing Fajita Marinade for veggies and Beans to make these Vegetable Fajitas. Serve as tacos or make a breadless taco bowl. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Vegetarian Fajitas Recipe.
Hello there amazing tacos filled with marinated veggies and marinated beans. This cilantro chile lime marinade is versatile and addictive. Zingy, cilantroey and flavorful.
Blend up the marinade. Marinate the beans and veggies for a few minutes. Cook them in a skillet, fill up your tortillas, add other toppings and done. Simple ingredients that all come together to make these delicious and quick fajita tacos. This recipe is easily doubled, which you must, because believe me about that marinade. You will want to put it on all kinds of beans and veggies and drizzle more of it on all sorts of tacos and wraps.
More Tacos from the blog
- Chipotle Garlic Jackfruit Tacos
- Vegan Tinga bowl with Hearts of Palm, Chickpeas, Spanish…
- Pulled Butternut Squash Tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- Jackfruit Meatballs Tacos
- Jamaican Jerk Black Bean Tacos with Corn Salsa
These tacos with this marinade, esp the marinade are
- super addictive
- versatile, use with any beans, tofu or tempeh or chicken subs or meat subs
If you make it do leave me a comment, or tag me #veganricha on Instagram!
Marinate the veggies and beans. Cook until tender and sizzling, serve over warm tortillas or make a taco bowl with crunchy greens. Pin this recipe for later! Easy flavorful, beany vegan tacos. Use other beans for variation.
Veggie Pinto Bean Fajita Tacos with Cilantro Chile Marinade - Vegan Fajitas
- 1/2 cup (8 g) packed cilantro
- 3 tbsp chopped onion or scant 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 to 1 hot green chile
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more cayenne
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp or more fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp or more water
Veggies and Beans:
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red onion thinly sliced
- 15 oz can pinto beans or other beans or chickpeas drained and washed or 1.5 cups cooked
- Tacos or tortillas
- Blend all the ingredients under marinade in a small blender until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced veggies. Add half of the marinade and toss well. In another bowl add the beans and the remaining marinade and toss well. Let sit in the refrigerator for 15 mins to half an hour.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add a tsp of oil. Remove veggies from the marinade and add to the skillet. Cook until tender. Add a dash of chipotle pepper powder for smokyness towards the end. Cook a min longer to sear the veggies. Transfer to a bowl.
- Transfer the beans and the marinade into the same skillet. Add any leftover marinade from the veggie bowl as well. Cook over medium heat until the marinade thickens. Taste and adjust salt and spice.
- Assemble the fajita tacos with warmed tacos or tortillas, generous helping of the grilled veggies and sizzling beans. Add some salsa, avocado slices or guacamole, a dash of black pepper, and lemon juice. Serve hot!