Easy Simple Vegan Sour Cream Recipe with cashews, lemon and vinegar. Use anywhere where you use sour cream. Vegan soy-free Recipe.
This is a basic simple sour cream that I use often in recipes like potato salads or to add sour cream swirls in Carrot Cake Ice cream. Adjust the tang to preference. Cashews make a great creamy base for the sour cream. Silken tofu can also be used for a quick sour cream. Add some nutritional yeast or herbs of choice for other flavor profiles.
Vegan Sour Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup (64.5 g) cashews soaked
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) or more lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar optional
- Soak the cashews for a few hours. Drain and wash.
- Blend with the rest of the ingredients and a few tablespoons of water until creamy. Taste and adjust tang and salt. Add 1 tsp nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor profile. Add more lemon juice for tangier cream.
- I use my nutribullet to make this smaller quantity. If your blender cannot handle the small quantity, double the recipe and blend.