This Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Veggie Dinner served with creamy homemade garlic mayo dressing will turn into a family favorite in no time! Great for meal prep – Make lots and save some for lunch the next day!
All the flavors of a cheeseburger incorporated into one big, filling veggie sheet pan dinner -meet my Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Vegetable Bake.
We have healthy veggies, we have plant-based protein thanks to tofu and chickpeas, we have all those burger flavors like ketchup, bbq sauce, and burger spices. AND, we have a creamy dreamy vegan garlic mayo that we drizzle on top to take this sheet pan cheeseburger from good to OMG delicious!
Make lots have have leftover for lunch the next day! This bowl is Glutenfree. Use Nutfree cream or vegan Mayo tk make it Nutfree!
MORE VEGGIE GOODNESS FROM THE BLOG,
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Spanish Rice, Taco Spice Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Veggie Dinner with Garlic Mayo Dressing
For the Veggies
- 2 cups (266 g) cubed sweet potatoes
- 7 oz (198.45 g) firm tofu pressed and cubed into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 15 oz can (453.59 g) chickpeas or lentils drained. Or any other beans
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 red onion coarsely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup veggies of choice such as broccoli, butternut squash, any seasonal veggies, etc
- 3-4 tbsp sunflower seeds
For the Cheeseburger Dressing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce (use tamari for glutenfree)
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the Garlic Mayo Dressing
- 1/3 cup cashew cream which is 1/4 cup of cashews blended with 1/4 cup water, or use vegan Mayo
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chop all of your veggies if you haven't already. Line or grease a large baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 c)
- In a bowl, mix in all of the cheeseburger sauce ingredients until well combined. Reserve 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp of this mixture to use later to drizzle on top.
- Add the chopped veggies, and toss well to coat with the cheeseburger sauce mixture, until evenly coated.
- Drop this mixture into the prepared baking dish, and spread it out. You don't want the mixture to be thicker than double. I like to keep a single layer of the veggies and beans etc, it will give you the best result in terms of crispiness of the big veggies.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-45 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender to preference, and everything else is starting to get gold and crisp. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top in the last 5-10 mins of baking
- To make your Garlic Mayo Dressing: blend all the ingredients until well combined, taste and adjust flavor by adding more vinegar, salt, etc. You can also use already prepared non-dairy cream, or 1/4 cup vegan mayo instead.
- To serve, serve individual portions of the veggie tofu bean mixture, and drizzle the mayo on top. Thin out the reserved cheeseburger sauce with a tsp or two of water, and drizzle that as well.
- Top with some red pepper flakes, and fresh herbs of choice, and serve. You can also serve the tofu veggie mix over a bed of fresh lettuce!
- This bowl is Glutenfree. Use Nutfree cream or vegan Mayo tk make it Nutfree!
You can use a combination of sweet potatoes and regular potatoes
- This recipe works with canned or cooked chickpeas and if you don't like chickpeas, you can use white beans.
- If you don't have bbq sauce at home, add more ketchup and a tsp of curry powder or Cajun spice
- the bulk of this vegan cheeseburger casserole is made up of chickpeas and sweet potatoes peppers and veggies
- tofu adds some more plant-based protein and a deliciously chewy texture
- bell pepper and red onions for some color – you can add in more veggies to taste, like a frozen veggie mix
- sunflower seeds add some crunch and add nutritional value
- let’s bring on the cheeseburger flavors: we toss the veggies in a mix of soy sauce and Worcestershire, bbq sauce, ketchup, and mustard
- a blend of burger spices like onion and garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and black pepper makes this taste super savory
- A Garlic Mayo Dressing made from cashew cream, vinegar, garlic powder, and ground mustard adds a creamy element and brings it all together
Tips & Substitutions:
- You can use a combination of sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.
- This recipe works with canned or cooked chickpeas and if you don’t like chickpeas, you can use white beans.
- If you don’t have bbq sauce at home, add more ketchup and a tsp of curry powder or Cajun spice.
- You can also use already prepared non-dairy cream, or 1/4 cup vegan mayo instead of the homemade garlic mayo.
How to make this Vegan Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Dinner:
Chop all of your veggies if you haven’t already. Line or grease a large baking dish. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees f (205 c)
In a bowl, mix in all of the cheeseburger sauce ingredients until well combined. Reserve 1 1/2-2 tbsp of this mixture to use later to drizzle on top.
Add the chopped veggies, and toss well to coat with the cheeseburger sauce mixture, until evenly coated.
Drop this mixture into the prepared baking dish, and spread it out. You don’t want the mixture to be thicker than double. I like to keep a single layer of the veggies and beans etc, it will give you the best result in terms of crispiness of the big veggies.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-45 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender to preference, and everything else is starting to get gold and crisp. Sprinkle sunflower seeds in the last 10 mins of baking to get slightly roasted
To make your Garlic Mayo Dressing, blend all the ingredients until well combined, taste, and adjust the flavor by adding more vinegar, salt, etc. You can also use already prepared non-dairy cream, or 1/4 cup vegan mayo instead. To serve, serve individual portions of the veggie tofu bean mixture, and drizzle the mayo on top.
Thin out the cheeseburger sauce with a tsp or two of water, and drizzle that as well. Top with some red pepper flakes, and fresh herbs of choice, and serve.
This is so delicious! Made it last night with tofu, some additional leftover smoked tofu and leftover wine-braised lentils. That made more volume than called for in the recipe, so I made about 1-1/2 times the dressing. Served it over some packaged cole slaw veggies and the whole dish was incredible. So savoury, umami-filled and with the delicious crunch of the toasted sunflower seeds (not to mention the bottom layer of cole slaw). DH urgently requested a repeat on the dish before the end of the month! Thank you, Richa, for your prolific and delicious creativity!
Vegan Richa Support
Yummy! So glad you enjoy the recipe.
This is really really good. Really simple to put together. Highly recommend! (Also, side note this is a reliable blog for recipes overall —so dive in!)
Vegan Richa Support
Made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious! Only thing I changed was, I used vegetarian ground beef for the tofu and I used white beans in place of the garbanzo beans! Will definitely make this again!! Thank you!!
Vegan Richa Support
Do leave a rating too!
This was delicious! Will definitely be making it again. Thanks!
Nicole L Milsap
Excellent Recipe!! So Yummy!!
Vegan Richa Support
thanks for popping in ♡
So tasty and hearty! Made it twice already and served on lettuce the second time. Delicious!
Thanks for another great recipe, Richa
This was a great recipe. Loved the combination of chickpeas tofu and sweet potatoes. I used a green pepper instead of red and after cooking topped with roasted pumpkin seeds instead of sunflower seeds and green onions. Thank You!
You did it again! This recipe is absolutely great!! Such fun flavors and the cashew sauce really is perfect ! Love love love your recipes !
Made this for dinner last night. It was easy to put together and super delicious! Thank you Richa for this keeper recipe.
This is definately going in the books as a family favourite. Thank you for being so creative with the reciepes you share!
Sounds delicious and tasty! Thanks for sharing the amazing dinner recipe. Looking forward to making it tonight 🙂
Fast, easy, and super tasty! Another “keeper” recipe!
Quick, nutritious and delicious. This one is going into my steady rotation. Thanks so much.
I had to mcgyver this one because of my different ingredients. I used potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, I added two onions, made the sauce with what I had at hand (ran out of ketchup so used tomato paste and a touch of molasses, etc.), and made the white sauce with white beans instead of cashews. Even with all my changes it was really good.
Wow! We made the Jalapeno Popper Skillet a couple of nights ago. We were all surprised at how delicious it was! Now we will make this dinner, too. Thanks, Richa! It’s Saturday am and I just finished the leftovers of the Popper Skillet for breakfast! Yummy!
You’ll love this one!
OMG Richa..,,.Can’ t wait to try this new one. I don’t think there isn’t a recipe you have made that I don’t love! I see next week’s dinner plan already!
It was delicious and satisfying. Great job! Thanks so much for your outstanding work creating this aimple but original dish.