These Tempeh fritters are made with chickpea flour are Indian spiced batter. Serve as is or as a slider. Vegan Recipe , gluten-free option Jump to Recipe
Since the superfun Apple Chickpea Fries were such a hit.. Here is another Chickpea creation!!
Tempeh Chickpea Fritter Patty Burger. Vegan
For Steaming Tempeh Strips
- 4 oz (113.4 g) tempeh 4 1/2 inch thick strips.
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) garam masala or spice blend of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) ginger paste
- 3 Tablespoon of chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour/besan
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) chili flakes or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cumin powder
- 1/2 inch (0.5 inch) piece of ginger
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- Oil for shallow frying
- In a pan, add all the ingredients under for steaming tempeh strips. Mix well and add tempeh strips.
- Cook on low heat covered until Tempeh doubles in size and dry. (15 minutes)
- Prepare batter by blending all ingredients together to get a thick batter.
- Dip warm tempeh strips in the batter and shallow fry in a tablespoon or 2 of oil on medium heat in non stick pan(else the batter will stick). or deep fry them.
- Cook 3-5 minutes each side until crisp.
- Serve as is with ketchup, mayo, cilantro chutney or make a burger with baby greens, tomatoes, apples, grilled bell peppers, cilantro chutney or sriracha!