Easy Vegan Carrot Cake Bites Recipe! These Spiced Carrot Cake Balls Need just 8 ingredients and 15 minutes. No refined sugar or oil. Roll in coconut or dress with vegan cream cheese glaze. Vegan Glutenfree Grainfree Soyfree Raw option Jump to Recipe
I can’t wait for some sunny Springy days! Meanwhile, I am making batches of these refreshing and quick Carrot Cake Bliss Balls! I made this carrot cake ice cream with roasted carrots and walnuts way back when and loved the roasted carrot flavor in it. The carrots in these balls are roasted for a bit to enhance the flavor, the get sweet and add a baked cake like profile. The carrots then get processed with the rest of the ingredients to make a dough that is shaped into balls or bars. Even with the baking, it takes just 15 mins of active time! Walnuts, spices, dates and coconut flour make these a fudgy spiced delicious treat. These would be no bake if you use raw carrots.
These Carrot Cake Energy Bites are Easy, taste like carrot cake, are grainfree, oilfree, are naturally sweetened and are ready within minutes! Lets make some.
More Sweet Snacking from the blog
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls with Rice Krispies
- Seedy Chocolate Snack Bars
- Golden Sesame Balls
- Mojito Energy Balls
- Banana nut Bars
Step by Step Photos
Pulse the walnuts in a processor
Add the carrots, dates, spices and vanilla and pulse again. Then add the flours and pulse to make a dough.
Shape using a scoop or your hands, then roll in shredded coconut.
How to make Carrot-Cake like Carrot Cake Bites
- Roast the Carrots! Roasting makes them sweeter and adds a baked like flavor to the bites. If in a hurry, you can directly use raw carrots.
- Cover the dish with parchment while baking. This helps cook the carrots faster and prevents drying out.
- Pulse the larger nuts before adding the rest of the ingredients. This ensures a smoother texture.
- Use soft dates or a combination of dates and raisins or dates and sugar.
- Add lemon zest for a fresher flavor.
- Dress with just coconut or a vegan cream cheese glaze for more decadent cake like balls.
Vegan Carrot Cake Bites Recipe
Save This Recipe in Your Inbox
Share your email and we will send this recipe! Plus, enjoy all the new recipes as they post!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from Vegan Richa.
- 2 cups (256 g) chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup (87.75 g) walnuts
- 15 soft dates (regular size), use 2 less if using large medjool
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) ginger
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour add more if needed
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut for coating
- Chop the carrots into 2 inch pieces. Add to a baking dish, cover the dish with parchment (optional) and bake for at 400 deg F (200 C) for 20 to 25 mins(longer time for fatter carrots). (You can skip this step and use raw carrot, you will need a few tbsp more almond flour later).
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse to chop into an even coarse mixture
- Add the roasted carrots, dates, vanilla, spices and salt and process until the mixture is well combined and doughy.
- Add the almond and coconut flours and pulse again to combine. (You can also add other ingredients such as chia seeds, some vanilla protein powder etc instead of some of the almond flour)
- If the mixture is too sticky, add a few tbsp more almond flour and 1 tbsp more coconut flour and pulse. Taste and adjust flavor with a tbsp of coconut sugar or maple syrup for sweeter if needed, or add more spices.
- Shape into balls and roll in shredded coconut. Alternatively, drizzle some vegan cashew cream cheese frosting or, 3 tbsp coconut butter mixed with 1 tbsp of maple syrup, a good pinch of lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Store refrigerated for upto a 5 days or freeze.