Super Seedy Chocolate No Bake Granola Bars with candied ginger and gingerbread spices. Add some protein powder to make protein bars. These bars filled will nuts and seeds make a tasty snack. substitute nuts with more seeds to make them nut-free. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
I tend to eat small meals and eat often during the day. This leads to times when I want a snack instead of a veggie bean or other meal type thing. The snackage often includes more savory like a Sriracha Orange Peanut Granola or Indian Spiced Trail Mix. Other times its bars like this one which are mildly sweet and full of seeds and nuts.
This super easy granola bar is what says it is. Super easy, seedy and amazing! Toasty, gingery, chocolatey and all kind of fun. The seeds are toasted to a golden. Oats are toasted as well. You can use other flaked grain as quinoa or rice flakes. Candied ginger chopped and added. Melt the chocolate and fold in. Shape, chill and done. Add other spices or none. Add some dried cranberries or candied orange peel instead of ginger. many possibilities!
If you make this or a variation, do tag me on IG or leave me a comment on this post. I love to hear about how it turned out. I get a lot of ideas from you all!
More holiday gifting goodies from the blog
- Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Bars
- Banana Nut Snack Bars.
- Peanut butter or Almond Butter cookies with Pecans
- Mango coconut Fudgy Balls GF
- Cranberry Blueberry crumb Bars
Toast the pumpkin and sesame seeds. Add chia and toast for a min.
Toast the oats and set aside. Melt the chocolate and fold in nut butter or seed butter. Add the toasted seeds, hopped nuts and candied ginger.
Fold in and spread on parchment.
Chill, slice, serve
Seedy Chocolate No Bake Granola Bars
- 1 cup (81 g) old fashioned oats certified gluten-free if neessary
- 1/4 cup (16 g) pumpkin seeds pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp raw cashews
- 1/4 cup (29.25 g) walnuts or pecans
- 3 tbsp chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) gingerbread spice blend or add 1/4 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (131.25 g) vegan semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter or seed butter
- Toast the oats on a skillet over medium heat until fragrant and the color changes slightly. 5 to 7 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the oats and set aside. Add the pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds and toast until they start to change color. 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the chia and continue to toast for a minute. Add to the bowl with the oats.
- Chop up cashews and walnuts into small pieces and mix in the bowl. Chop up candied ginger and add to the bowl. Mix in the spice and a pinch of salt. At this point you can also mix in a few tbsp of protein powder.
- In a double boiler or the same skillet over medium low heat, add chocolate and coconut oil and keep mixing until most of the chocolate is melting. Add 1 tbsp sugar if you like the bars sweeter.. Take off heat and continue to whisk until smooth. Let it sit for a minute.
- Add peanut or almond butter in the warm mixture and mix in. It will take a minute to mix in.
- Add the toasted oats, seeds, nuts, candied ginger to the skillet and ix in well.
- Transfer the mixture to parchment lined 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Press another parchment on top and press the mixture evenly.
- Chill for 15 minutes.. Slice and store in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks.
Everyone in my family loved it.
I used almond butter and dried cranberries instead of peanut butter and ginger.
It won’t last long in the fridge. 🙂
Vegan Richa Support
Second time making. Amazing snack! Very tasty and worked well. Didn’t have issues with it crumbling, but I’ve been rolling them into bite size balls.
Vegan Richa Support
gets better every time – i appreciate your rating
So delicious! I followed the recipe but mine came out more crumbly than I would like. Any tips on getting them to be more solid? Perhaps adding more chocolate would help?
Yes more chocolate or some coconut oil
These looks delicious! Think I’ll have a go at making my own some time.
Made these with 2 ounces unsweetened Baker’s chocolate instead plus about 3 tablespoons date syrup. A little crumbly but oh so good!
What do you mean by “old fashioned” oats?
not quick cooking but regular oats.
The best snack ever. Thank you!
I have to try this….looks yummy. Thks Richa.
These are amazing! The ginger/cinnamon combination with toasty seeds is delicious !
Awesome! I know right, so good!
Just made these. So seedy and delicious! i love the toasty sesame seeds with chocolate and ginger!