Vegan Enchiladas Recipe. Easy Enchilada Recipe with Blender Enchilada Sauce, soft tortillas filled with black beans, spinach and lentils. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. Can be Gluten-free. Ready within 1 Hour. Pin this Recipe.
These Enchiladas! Filled with Lentil Black Bean Spinach mixture and covered in an easy Enchilada sauce, are amazing!
Cook some onions and garlic. Use half of the golden onions and garlic in the Blender enchilada sauce. Blend and set aside. simmer up the lentils, greens black beans with flavors of choice. Meanwhile prep your enchilada station. Pour some sauce in the baking pan. Fill up tortillas with the lentil bean mixture. Place in the pan and dress with the enchilada sauce. Put it in the oven, sip some mojito. Serve with toppings of choice.
The list of ingredients seems long, but most are the same spices and herbs added to the enchilada sauce and the filling. So once you have them all mise en place, everything comes together within the hour. See Video above the Recipe area.
Make these or some tacos for Cinco De Mayo!
More Mexican inspired recipes from the blog
- Spicy Chipotle garlic Jackfruit Tacos
- Vegan Tinga bowl with Hearts of Palm, Chickpeas, Spanish…
- Pulled Butternut Squash Tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- Jackfruit Meatballs Tacos
- Lentil Sweet Potato Tacos
- Easy DIY Burrito Bowl
I am using 9 by 9 inch pan for the pictures, but the recipe makes a rectangular pan of 9 by 13 or 8 by 12. I saved some of the sauce and filling. This Enchilada is in not really authentic mexican but more my take on tex mex version. Add some soaked pasilla chiles to the sauce and blend in. Add a good layer of vegan cheese on top for variations.
Make your blender sauce and the lentil black bean filling.
Pour some sauce in the baking pan.
Fill tortillas with the filling, fold and place seam side down. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas to completely cover.
Bake. Garnish with loads of avocado, red onion, cilantro, black pepper and lime juice.
Video on Facebook:
Vegan Enchiladas Recipe with Lentils and Black Beans
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic chopped
- 15 oz (425.24 g) can black beans drained
- 1 cup (198 g) cooked lentils
- 1 cup (30 g) chopped spinach
- 2 tsp or more lime juice
- 1/4 cup (4 g) packed chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more cayenne or chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oregano
- 1 to 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- salt to taste
- Add taco seasoning or other seasoning of choice optional
- 1/2 (0.5) of the cooked onion garlic mixture from above
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more oregano
- 1/2 (0.5) or more ancho chili or chili powder blend or chipotle pepper powder add according to hear preference
- 1/2 cup (131 g) tomato paste
- 1 roasted red bell pepper medium size
- 1.5 cups (352.5 ml) water or veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more sugar or other sweetener
- Soft tortillas or Corn Tortillas 6 to 8
- cilantro red onion, lime juice for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F / 190ºc. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent. 5 to 6 mins. Reserve a half of the mixture for the enchilada sauce.
- Make the filling: Add the rest of the ingredients (beans, lentils, spinach, spices, water). Mix in, cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat. Taste and adjust heat, flavor and salt.
- Make the Blender Enchilada sauce: Meanwhile blend the ingredients under the enchilada sauce + the reserved cooked onions and garlic. Taste and adjust heat, salt and flavor.
Assemble the enchiladas:
- Add half of the sauce on the baking tray. Fill the tortillas with lentil bean filling, fold and place seam side down.
- Drizzle remaining sauce all over the tortillas. Bake for 20 mins.
- Garnish generously with red onion, cilantro, avocado, black pepper and lime/lemon juice. Serve hot.