Vegan Pesto Pasta with Charred Broccoli. Easy Vegan Pesto with Ziti, served with roasted cherry tomatoes and charred broccoli. 21 gm of protein! Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free and nut-free. Jump to Recipe
This pesto pasta is perfect for any time you have access to fresh basil or other fresh herbs/greens. Process with seeds or nuts, add some flavors, serve with pasta of choice. Add a fun twist like roasted broccoli or cauliflower, roasted cherry tomatoes, or other veggies.
Summery, Vibrant and flavorful! The pesto takes just 10 minutes, few ingredients.
If you haven’t tried roasted broccoli yet, this is a perfect dish to jump on the train! Add the broccoli and tomatoes to the same baking dish, roast and serve with the pasta. This dish is easily gluten-free with gluten-free pasta and nut-free with sunflower seeds. I love the pesto with a combination of basil and spinach and pecans and sunflower seeds. Lets make this pesto!
More Pasta Recipes to try.
- Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower – super popular
- Rose Sauce Farfalle – so Creamy!
- Lentil Bolognese with Spaghetti.– Hearty
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake – sliced cauliflower, baked then dressed in vegan mozz, baked over pasta
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce. GF – So Meaty.
Add extra virgin oil to preference or use water or broth to make oil-free.
Vegan Pesto Pasta with Charred Broccoli & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (12 g) packed fresh basil
- 1.5 cups (45 g) spinach , or baby kale, chard or cilantro or more basil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pecans, or use almonds, cashews, more sunflower seeds, hemp seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 ) salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast , optional
- zest of half a lemon , or use lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- water as needed
- black pepper, red pepper flakes or other flavor additions
- 12 to 14 oz (14 oz) Ziti or other pasta, gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup (149 g) or more grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- Add basil, spinach, sunflower seeds, pecans, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, lemon zest to a food processor. Process until a coarse mixture. Add oil and a tbsp or so water. and process again. Add more water if needed to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain and Mix the pesto with the pasta.
- Grease a large baking dish. Slice the cherry tomatoes and place in the dish. Sprinkle some salt.
- Add broccoli to a bowl. Drizzle oil and lemon over the broccoli. Cover and shake to coat. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, salt, shake again and spread in the baking dish which has the cherry tomatoes.
- Bake at 410 degrees F (210 C) for 18 to 22 minutes. then broil for a min. Add the roasted broccoli and tomatoes to the pesto pasta and serve. Garnish with black pepper, vegan parm (optional).