Since the superfun Apple Chickpea Fries were such a hit.. Here is another Chickpea creation!!
VeganMofo Post 10! Tempeh cooked in Garam masala broth, then dipped in spicy chickpea batter and shallow fried! Serve these as is, as a snack with ketchup, or top some baby greens salad!
Burger seen below Topped with some tomatoes, apples, grilled green pepper and Sriracha or sauce of choice. You can serve some Apple fries on the side.:)
Tempeh is naturally fermented Soybean Patty. We usually get 3 grain Organic Tempeh which has Brown Rice, Barley and Millet. Tempeh is tastier than Tofu, least processed, naturally fermented and healthier form of Soybean. Use gluten free only soy Tempeh on gluten free bread, to make this burger glutenfree!
Some other fun Tempeh Burgers/Sandwiches posted before
Cajun Spiced Tempeh Patty topped with grilled Asparagus, Onions and Grilled Watermelon and Peaches ! and
Bring on the burgers!!
- 4 oz tempeh 4 1/2 inch thick strips.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala or spice blend of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 Tablespoon of chickpea flour(garbanzo bean flour/besan)
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt(or to taste)
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or to taste,
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Oil for shallow frying
- In a pan, add all the ingredients for cooking tempeh strips. Mix well and add tempeh strips.
- Cook on low heat covered until Tempeh doubles in size and dry. (15 minutes)
- Prepare batter by blending all ingredients together to get a thick flowy paste.
- Dip warm tempeh strips in the batter and shallow fry in a tablespoon or 2 of oil on medium heat in non stick pan(else the batter will stick). or deep fry them.
- Cook 2-3 minutes each side until crisp.
- Serve as is with ketchup or sauce or make a burger with baby greens, tomatoes, apples, grilled bell peppers and ketchup or sriracha!
These burgers are heading to Veggie Converter's Meatless Monday!, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Hearth and Soul Blog hop