Meatless Mondays with a quick side subzi(dry vegetable stir fry), using local and in season veggies. Leek and other root veggies are still abundantly available right now. So why not use them in other things apart from soups (Carrot Leek Celery potato soup) Leek when roasted to golden, give this salty garlicky flavor to the dish, which means you can easily eliminate the garlic!
Seattle is finally getting sunny and that means hubbs goes and ends up buying a second hand GSXR after riding it once and since he did not take wife along to play the bad cop, ends up not haggling much for the price! He is now seen riding around Seattle in improper bike gear, with a teethy smile on his face(if you can see it through his helmet that is)
This is one potato dish you can edit to your taste. Add ginger and garlic, add more spices, and make it your own. Serve hot as a side. These will go well with any meal, or as a side in an Indian meal with Daal and flat bread, or with some Dosa(lentil rice crepe) and Pigeon Pea Sambhar soup. More potatoes!...
Potatoes with whole Indian spices. tried and tested by many,
How do you like your potatoes!
- In a medium deep pan, add the oil and heat on medium.
- Add in the mustard seeds and let them start to sputter.
- Add in the fennel and mix for a few seconds.
- Add in the leek and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt. Mix.
- Add in the potatoes and mix well to coat spices.
- Cook covered for 15-20 minutes on low heat until potatoes are well done. Stir 1-2 times in between.
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro or chopped green onion. Serve as part of meal with any lentil stew(Daal), or beans curry, Indian flat bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle. or as a side with any meal or eat as is:)
These tatoes are heading to Slightly indulgent Tuesdays, Sugar Free Sundays, Hearth and soul blog hop, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Glutenfree Wednesdays, Ricki's Wellness Weekend.
Whats a Monday without a message--- Say No to Plastic Straws!!
Ever wondered where all these plastic straws end up, How many are then thrown out each day? How much oil is procured to make just a day’s worth of disposable plastic straws? What percentage are incinerated? Landfilled? Wind up in waterways?
Plastic bags account for over ten percent of the debris found on US beaches. Plastic bottles account for 21% of all marine debris. Plastic straws.. are the most prolific debris item on US beaches amounting to 27.5% of all marine debris.
The Statistics on debris collected on beaches around the USA.
And this short video by Strawwars.org