Potatoes with whole Indian spices. A delicious and easy side dish for any day of the week. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Potatoes with Whole Indian Spices. Vegan Gluten Free.
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 2 teaspoons organic canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) red chili flakes or chopped green chili to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) turmeric
- 2/3 teaspoon (0.67 teaspoon) coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) fennel seeds or use caraway
- (0.67 teaspoon) salt to taste
- In a medium deep pan, add the oil and heat on medium heat for a minute.
- Add in the mustard seeds and let them start to sputter.
- Add in the fennel and coriander seeds and mix well for a few seconds.
- Add in the garlic and chili and cook for a minute.
- Add in the potatoes, turmeric and salt and mix well to coat spices.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes on medium heat. Degalze the pan if the potatoes stick with a Tbsp of water. Lower the heat and cook covered for another 10 or more minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir once in between.
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves! Serve as part of meal with any lentil curry(Daal), or beans curry, or other soups/stews, Indian flat bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle.(my current favorite is the punjabi raw mango pickle) Happy Potato day!