Baked Vietnamese fries. Baked Potato strips, loads of cilantro and basil, bean sprouts, nuts in sweet chile sauce, sriracha and vegan mayo! Banh mi Sandwich in fries form. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Pin this post.
Because what’s not to like in loaded Baked fries with sweet, sour, spicy, nutty, creamy flavors all in one! These Vietnamese inspired fries are topped with fresh cilantro, basil, scallions, bean sprouts, sweet spicy sauce, some cashew cream and toasty nuts. Use russet potatoes to make regular fries or sweet potatoes for Sweet potato fries.
Prep the sauces and toppings. Bake the fries, layer as you wish and serve. You can also add some crisped up tofu and toss it in the sweet sauce. Fill everything into wraps.
More Fries and Snacks from the blog
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with vegan Chipotle Ranch
- Baked Garlic Fries with Garlic Tahini Sauce.
- Cucumber Turmeric hummus sesame Mint bites.
- Spicy Pepper Crisp Cauliflower bites with celery ranch
- Mango Sriracha Cauliflower Bites
Bake the fries. Layer them, then add cilantro and basil.
Layer the sprouts and roasted nuts with sweet chili sauce.
Add more cilantro, sriracha and vegan mayo or cashew cream. You can also add some pickled carrots or cucumbers. Serve!
- 1 large russet potato, chopped into matchsticks and baked with salt and pepper (or use sweet potato)
- ⅓ cup or more Roasted chopped peanuts or cashews pieces
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped basil (optional) or use mint
- Chopped scallions
- Mung bean sprouts
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Vegan mayo (thinned with water if needed) or cashew cream (add salt, sugar, lemon juice to taste)
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek or asian chile sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp or more water
- Bake the fries according to these instructions. Baked Russet Potato Fries fries or Baked Sweet Potato Fries .
- Roast the nuts on a pan over medium low heat until golden (if using unroasted).
- Mix all the ingredients under sweet chili sauce and bring to boil to thicken.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of nuts for garnish, and mix the rest with half the sauce.
- Arrange the fries on a platter. Sprinkle salt, pepper to taste. Layer cilantro and basil.
- Add a layer of bean sprouts. Add the sauced roasted nuts.
- Drizzle sriracha, vegan mayo and more of the sweet chili sauce. Add chopped scallions, reserved nuts and more cilantro. Serve warm.
For quick pickled Carrots and Radish: Mix ⅓ cup rice vinegar 2 to 3 tbsp sugar, ¾ tsp salt and mix. Add thinly sliced, carrots, radish, cucumber, optionally some green chilies. Refrigerator for an hour and use.