The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Palm oil-free! Gluten-free option. Easy Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfect for the holidays, bake sales and gifting. Perfectly Crisp and Soft. Vegan Nut-free Soy-free Palm oil-free Recipe.
Because one can never have enough Chocolate Chip Cookies and these are the best! Classic Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies to wow everyone over. No palm oil or vegan butter or margarine in these.
These are amazing cookies that come out beautifully every time. Slightly crunchy, and soft in the middle. So amazingly good! Bake half a minute less for soft cookies and a minute longer for crunchier. Bake time depends on the oven, size of the cookie etc. These are a holiday treat! Also see video below.
I have tried these with coconut sugar (not more than 1/2 cup). The dough needs less flour to make a soft dough that will spread well. These cookies also benefit from chocolate chunks mixed in with the chips. The gooey big chunks right after baking will live in your dreams for a while. The original recipe for these cookies is by Somer McCowan. Try her aquafaba version here. You can possibly use thick aquafaba (4.5 tbsp) in this recipe as well. Let me know if that works out. I have also made these gluten-free, see the Recipe notes for gluten-free flour and other changes.
When in doubt, bake 2-3 cookies from the dough to see if the dough has a good balance. If they spread too much, then the dough needs a bit more flour. If they come out too fat, they need additional moisture. Sprinkle some non dairy milk and mix in well.
Melting melting gone…. gorgeous vegan chocolate chip cookies
Gluten-free version below
More Cookies from the blog
- Tahini Ginger Cookies
- Cherry Almond Thumbprints
- Coconut Oil Shortbread.
- Almond Butter Snickerdoodles.
- Oatmeal Walnut chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peanut/Almond butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Giant chocolate chip and chunk cookies
- Ginger Molasses crinkle cookies. GF
- Double Chocolate chip cookies.
- Oat Almond Chocolate chip cookies. GF
- Pistachio Apricot Thumbprints.
- Triple Ginger Molasses Soft Cookies
- Tiramisu Cookies. GF
- Shortbread cookies. GF
- ½ cup solid (not melted) organic refined coconut oil, on the scant side
- 1.5 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 4.5 tablespoons water, let sit for 5 mins until smooth and creamy
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup organic unrefined sugar, fine sugar or blend to make powder
- ¼ heaping teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1¼ to 1½ cups flour (I use unbleached white flour)
- 1 cup vegan fair trade palmoil free chocolate chips and chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Add all ingredients coconut oil through vanilla extract to a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Or add a bowl and beat with a hand held beater until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup flour and mix in. Add ¼ cup flour and mix in. Add flour 1 tbsp at a time and beat in to make a soft cookie dough. You dont want a crumbly dryish mixture, so add just enough to get to somewhere between a stiff batter and soft dough. *
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in well. **
- Measure dough out by heaped tablespoon or a scoop on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and "cookie slam" on a solid heat proof surface for the wrinkled cookie appearance.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for another 3-5 minutes. The cookies set up while they cool. Try to share with everyone. Store on the counter for the day, and in a closed container for upto 3 days (totally irrelevant information),
* Flours can get packed differently in storage. Lightly stir, scoop and level, to measure the flour. Depending on the flour and the measuring errors of other ingredients, you might need all or a bit less of the flour.
** If the mixture feels crumbly or too stiff when mixing in the chocolate chips, sprinkle some non dairy milk and mix in.