Blueberry Strawberry Spiced Cooler/Smoothie. Refreshing and delicious, vegan recipe. Jump to Recipe
What do you do when you get organic fruits and 2 days later they start to go bad? Well, I make a cooked cooler/smoothie out of it.
Blueberry Strawberry Spiced Cooler/Smoothie
- 7-8 (7 ) strawberries
- 1/2 cup (74 g) blueberries
- 3-4 (3 ) basil leaves or to taste or 8-9 mint leaves
- 2-3 cups (0.5 l) of water
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or jaggery or sweetener of choice or no sweetener for a mildly sweet smoothie
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) rock salt (kala namak or 1 Tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cinnamon powder (I usually use cumin, which goes very well with sour fruits)
- In a deep pan, add the strawberries and blueberries, mint or basil leaves, salt, sugar, rock salt or lemon juice, cinnamon powder, and water enough to cover the fruit.
- Boil for 10 minutes or till fruits soften.
- Blend the mixture when cool and adjust salt, sugar and rock salt(rock salt adds a sour flavor).
- Add more or less water according to preference. Keep it thick and smoothie like for a filling breakfast or add more water for a light drink.
- Serve chilled topped with fresh mint leaves! Or add a splash of your favorite liquor in the evening!