Since the kitchen has decided to not like my presence much, I decided to open up the blog to some guest posts and introduce you to some amazing friends and bloggers. All special and awesome!
Starting off the first Wednesday Guest post with Somer.
Where should I begin.. Somer has been busy being her super woman self.. being featured on Forks over Knives(testimonial), co-hosting VVP, being an amazing mom, whipping up delicious, healthy and easy vegan fare, a Kick ass blogger, and a very sweet and beautiful person. I found her blog via Kristy and have been hooked since.:)
I mean look at the ridiculous Macadamia Nut Brie en Croute(pictured below.. I had to feature that picture Somer), and these Black bean burgers with the prettiest pretzel buns and more and more.
Give it up for Somer at Vedget Out!
You can also find her on Facebook and Pinterest. Drop by and say hi:)..
I’d like to think if I was able to go to Richa’s house and bring her some lunch, that I’d bring her a big bowl of this soup. Feel better soon girl.
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 Cup dry sherry optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Cup raw cashews soak for a few hours if you don't have a power blender
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onions and garlic in a bit of veggie broth.
- Add the mushrooms once the onions are transparent. Saute until the mushrooms are reduced in size.
- Add veggie broth, herbs and sherry. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of the hot soup. Blend the soup in a blender with the cashews and nutritional yeast til completely creamy.
- Return to pot, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat for five more minutes until slightly thickened.
On days that I'm rushed, I've been known to just throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker and turn it on low for the day.
Nutritional values based on one serving