TGIF! Rise and shine on this sunny day in the Pacific Northwest with these muffins. I talk to Mom on skype these days, because she is now a full fledged techie with a Surface and Iphone and knows how to message the kids on chat, skype, facebook or wherever, and get hold of them irrespective of the location in the world ;). And when she cannot get hold of us, she calls and asks us why we are not picking up the skype call, not responding on Facebook when it says online, and so on.:) We better be ready to receive them calls. Half of our talks I end up talking about the weather. We seattlelites are obsessed with it I say. Often, mom reminds me that it is sunny out in her city every single day! except some days in the Monsoon season. :P. Yes, sure Mom, but I will die in the 48 deg Celcius (118 deg F) Summers there.
It is sunny today (and cold, brr). I am trying to decide between bundling up and sitting out in the sun and listen to something, ARR awesomeness music and arrangement, or think up and whip a few recipes.. hmm touch decision. or write up a post.
Lets get to these muffins. Utterly soft, light, muffiny, and filled with blueberries, all Whole grain (spelt, almond, coconut flours) and awesome for every morning. Add up spices of choice, or lemon zest and make variations.
I used so Delicious dairy free coconut milk yogurt in these muffins and that works beautifully to give them the required texture. These muffins are also My entry for the So Delicious 3 course Recipe contest!
More muffins and doughnuts
Spiced Pumpkin coconut Muffins
Strawberry/raspberry doughnuts with chocolate Ganache glaze – Baked
Banana Oat Cashew Quick Bread Bar
Spiced Sweet Potato Doughnuts – Baked
Almond Oat Bars with Apple Blueberry Crumble
Baked French Toasts topped with Blueberry Crisp
Sweet Potato Blondies. GF
Mix the flaxmeal with milk and let sit for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients under wet and mix into a smooth mix.
In another bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk well.
Add dry to wet and mix to just about combine. Tos the blueberries in maple syrup then add to batter. Mix lightly to distribute.
Spoon batter into muffin pan.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 minutes.
Serve anytime. No they do not taste coconutty at all!
On another note, i need new muffin wrappers.
Spelt Almond Blueberry Muffins Vegan Recipe
- 1/2 cup (60 g) spelt flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) coconut flour or use more spelt
- 1/4 cup (28 g) ground raw almond or almond flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (70 ml) + 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup (2.16 oz) non dairy yogurt I used So delicious cultured coconut milk plain
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp organic canola or coconut oil or softened vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (4.17 oz) ground raw sugar or other sweetener 2 Tablespoons more for sweeter
- 3/4 to 1 cup (111 g) blueberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and keep ready. In another bowl, mix the almond milk, flax meal, yogurt and let sit for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add the wet to the dry and and mix till just about combined. Do not over mix. Toss the blueberries in the maple syrup to coat and then add to batter. Mix to just combine. Spoon the batter into lined or greased muffin pan. Bake for 18-19 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Add spices of choice like cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg for a blueberry spice muffin.
- Add zest of an orange or lemon for lemon blueberry muffins. Use blended silken tofu instead of yogurt.