Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe. Easy pumpkin loaf with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, walnuts and chocolate chips. Use pumpkin seeds, currants for variation. Vegan Fall Recipe.
Easy One Bowl Pumpkin Loaf today before we start up with the Holiday Menu plans. Soft, full of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, hearty and delicious. 15 minutes and in the oven. Bake until done. The hardest part is waiting for the loaf to cool. The loaf tastes best after a few hours. This loaf is based off my 1 bowl pumpkin cream cheese muffins. Why change something when it works.
Add nuts of choice, dried fruit, cranberries or chocolate chips to the batter. Top with nuts, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips or a streusel of choice! Serve with hot Pumpkin spice Caramel Latte or other hot drinks of choice. Use sweet potato or butternut squash puree for variation.
If you like the recipe, please do leave me a comment! Tag me #veganricha on Instagram or elsewhere if you make this gorgeous loaf. Any and all feedback helps. For a gluten-free version see this GF Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries.
More Pumpkin Recipes from the blog
- Pumpkin Rosemary flatbread
- Pumpkin Chickpea Veggie Pizza
- 1 bowl pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Pumpkin Pie with No Bake Gingerbread Crust
- Pumpkin cinnamon Swirl Sandwich Bread , easy but looks super fancy.
Whisk all the dry ingredients. Add the wet.
Mix until pumpkin puree is well combined. Fold in walnuts, chocolate chips .
Drop the batter into parchment lined loaf pan. Even it out. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, nuts or streusel of choice.
Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack. cool completely before slicing.
This gorgeous loaf is also in my second book Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen available worldwide now!
One Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1¾ cups (218.75 g) flour I use all Spelt flour or 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour + 3/4 cup unbleached white
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar Use 2 tbsp more for sweeter
- ¼ cup (40 g) brown sugar or coconut sugar or other sugar of choice
- 2¼ tsp (2.25 tsp) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 2 to 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or use 11/2 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ to ⅓ tsp nutmeg, ⅛ tsp cloves
- 3 to 4 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans or omit to make nut-free
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips or craberries or currants
- 1 cup (49.1 oz) + 2 Tbsp pureed pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- ½ cup (122 ml) non dairy milk
- 3 to 4 Tbsp (4 Tbsp) oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses or use maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pumpkin seeds or vegan mini chocolate chips for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 180ºc.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients until well combined. Mix in the nuts and chocolate chips if using. *If your coconut sugar has large granules, pulse in a blender to grind to finer state and use.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well. it will take a minute or 2 for the pumpkin puree to combine well. Mix until there are no pumpkin or flour streaks in the mixture. Add a tbsp more non dairy milk if needed.
- Transfer to a parchment lined or well greased and floured loaf pan. Top with chocolate chips or pumpkin seeds or a streusel of choice.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the toothpick from the center comes out almost clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes then remove from the pan. Cool completely before slicing. Store on the counter for the day or refrigerate for upto 6 days.
2. Use Butternut squash puree or sweet potato puree instead of pumpkin for variation.
3. To make into muffins, Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 6 to 7 minutes. or until a toothpick test comes out clean.