A Sandwich Loaf today with pumpkin and Cinnamon. Pumpkin puree adds moisture, softness and flavor to the bread and the cinnamon swirls make make it irresistible. Super soft Easy and simple Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread.
Slice, toast, slather some vegan butter, a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar or maple and serve. Or make french toasts or french toast bake. The dough can also be converted into Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls. Dress with a vegan cream cheese frosting or pumpkin spice caramel.
Last day to enter my holiday giveaway, where I am giving away 120 things including my book, food processor, spice tiffins, copper serving vessels, coupons and more.
More Breads and Pumpkin things
- 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Loaf
- Whole Grain Seed Bread Recipe
- White Bean Sandwich Bread Loaf. Vegan Recipe
- Strawberry Sandwich Loaf. GF V
- Pumpkin Muffins
Make the sponge and let it sit for an hour.
Add the rest of the dry ingredients and knead into a smooth dough.
Roll the dough out. sprinkle sugar and cinnamon.
Roll and seal the edge.
Plac ein parchment lined bread pan.
Bake until golden.
Cool completely and slice with a serrated knife.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread - Yeast Sandwich Bread
- 3/4 cup (183.75 g) pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 3/4 cup (183 ml) non dairy milk warmed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (125 g) unbleached white flour or ap flour
- 1 tbsp yeast or 1 packet yeast
- 2 cups (250 g) flour I use 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup unbleached white
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
Sugar cinnamon mix:
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 (2 tbsp) + tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- In the mixer bowl, add warm hot non dairy milk,, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, and pumpkin pie spice and mix. Add flour and yeast and mix in until well combined, about 1-2 mins. Let this sponge sit for 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Mix the salt into the 2 cups flour. Add 1 3/4 cup flour (from the 2 cups) to the sponge and knead. Add more flour or water if needed to make a smooth non sticky dough. Knead for 3 to 4 minutes in stand mixer or 6 to 7 minutes by hand.
- Using some flour flour, roll it out into 10 by 17-18 inch rectangle.
- Spray or brush oil on the rectangle.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture all over leaving an inch on the sides. Spray water lightly on top.
- Roll the rectangle along the 10 inch side. Seal the edge using some water. Fold the side edges under to make a roll that fits the loaf pan (see step pictures). Place in parchment lined loaf pan. Spray water on the roll. Sprinkle seeds or oats. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at pre-heated 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan. Cool completely before slicing. Slice with a serrated knife. Serve warmed, lightly toasted with vegan butter + sugar/maple or make french toasts.
- Store on the counter in bread container for the day. Refrigerate for upto 4 days.
This bread can also be made with all whole wheat flour.
Sub any other squash puree or sweet potato puree for pumpkin. Nutritional values based on one serving