Golden Sesame Balls. Turmeric Toasted Sesame balls with Cinnamon and Cardamom. 5 Ingredient Sesame snack balls, or make them into bars or protein sesame bars. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe. Pin it for later
These super simple balls are a great snack and a great way to add more daily turmeric. They are super easy to carry along and store. The sesame balls use just 5 ingredients. Toasty Sesame seeds, maple syrup, tahini, turmeric + spices/flavors, coconut flour.
Make these with just sesame seeds or sesame and other seeds. Sesame seeds are an acquired flavor, so mix other seeds or nuts. Pulse the larger seeds/nuts to a coarse meal before using. Toast them to preference, then mix in the tahini maple mixture. You can also use popped grains (quinoa, amaranth, millet etc) instead of sesame seeds. You can sub the tahini with smooth nut butter. These balls also remind me of Til ke ladoo which are usually made of sesame seeds and jaggery syrup. Use these as a laddoo sub at the next Indian festival. Loads of options!
Add flavors of choice to these snack balls. I use freshly crushed cardamom and ground cinnamon. Freshly crushed cardamom seeds and amazing and add a vibrant flavor to these balls. Use unflavored protein powder instead of coconut flour for a protein filled ball. Make some and let me know how you like them!
More Turmeric Recipes from the blog
- Fresh Turmeric Root and ginger Tea.
- Turmeric Peanut butter Chickpea Curry
- Turmeric Iced Masala Tea
- Turmeric Lentil spinach Dal with Panch phoron spices
- Turmeric Steel Cut Oats
- Turmeric Lemon rice
- Most of the Indian Recipes
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2.5 tbsp or more maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds or a combination of different seeds like sesame, coarsely ground pumpkin seeds etc
- 1/2 to 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp or more freshly crushed cardamom seeds or cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour or vegan protein powder of choice
- In a bowl mix tahini and maple syrup until well combined. (Heat the tahini in the microwave so that it mixes easily or let the mixture sit on the counter to come to room temperature.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden. Stir occasionally. Take off heat. Mix the in the turmeric into the sesame seeds while still warm-hot.
- Add the sesame seeds to the tahini maple bowl. Add the spices and mix well. Add coconut flour or protein powder and mix in. Chill the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes, then shape into balls or press in a parchment lined pan to cut into bars. Store on the counter for the day or refrigerate for upto a week.
For variation use half sesame seeds and half coarsely crushed pumpkin or sunflower seeds, or almond meal or other nut meal.
Nutritional values based on one serving