Cardamom Cinnamon Turmeric Iced Tea. Spiced Iced tea like Thai Iced tea with turmeric coconut milk and Indian masala chai spices and ginger. Golden Milk Iced Tea. Iced Masala Tea. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Pin this post.
What do you do when its too hot but you are craving some masala chai. Make Iced Masala Chai! And then since you are a blogger, you amp it up with turmeric milk to make Turmeric Iced Tea ;).
This is a turmeric and spiced version inspired by a Thai Iced tea. Turmeric is a warming and drying spice. Too much tastes bitter and also dries one up. Use to taste preference.
Bring your tea to a boil with the masala chai spices and fresh ginger. I use my Chai Masala Spice from my book. Cool and strain. Prepare your turmeric coconut milk, Or use plain coconut milk (let me know what you loved!). Pour tea in a glass full of ice cubes. Pour some turmeric milk. Serve immediately. This tea also works great hot. Add the turmeric coconut milk in the hot tea.
More Drinks from the blog
- Mango Mojito
- Kesar Pista Milk Shake
- Orange cream floats
- Vegan Cookie dough Blizzard
- Mango Panna (Indian Spiced Summer Drink)
- Mocha Milk shake
- Brownie Batter Chia Smoothie
Pour the iced masala tea in the glass filled with ice cubes.
Pour the turmeric milk in.
Cardamom Cinnamon Turmeric Iced Tea
Chai spice Tea:
- 2.5 to 3 cups (588 to 705 ml) water
- 1 to 2 tsp loose tea depends on the tea brand and how strong you like the tea, or use tea bags
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) chai spice or use a very generous pinch of cardamom and cinnamon and a dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) grated ginger
- 2 tbsp or more sugar raw sugar, coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup (226 ml) warmed coconut milk or other non dairy milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar raw or coconut or other sweetener
- Ice cubes
- Add all the tea ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside. Once cool, taste and adjust sweet and spice to preference. Chill until ready to serve.
- Mix the coconut milk with turmeric, cinnamon and sugar. You can also heat the milk to a boil to incorporate the turmeric and flavors better. Cool and chill until ready to serve.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes in tall glasses (2 to 3 glasses depending on size).
- Pour tea into the glasses to fill three quarters of the way.
- Pour the turmeric milk in slowly. Serve immediately. This tea also tastes amazing with just coconut milk(without added turmeric)