Hazelnut Walnut Brownies – No Bake Brownies with dates, roasted hazelnuts and walnuts. Easy Fudgy No Bake Vegan Brownies. No Bake Nutella Brownies. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
These brownie bites are like nutella brownies, but no bake, no make the nutella and of course no palm oil or dairy like the usual nutella. Just 6 ingredients, toasted hazelnuts, walnuts, dates, cocoa and some maple. I top these with a creamy non dairy chocolate ganache. So good! Serve these with a simple vegan vanilla ice cream or some whipped coconut cream. and some date caramel. yum.
These bars are easy, fudgy and perfect for the sweet snack attack! Make these and let me know how they turned out! You can use all walnuts and skip the toasting step to omit hazelnuts. Or use hazelnut butter or other toasted nut butter.
If you missed it, my next cookbook is now available to Preorder!! It has recipes like the blog, many cuisines and lots of easy meals. The book will have both US and metric system measures and Nutrition calculation as well, which I hope to eventually also add on the blog.
What are your dessert plans for today?
More brownies from the blog
- Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Easy Walnut Brownies.
- Gluten-free Brownies and Brownie Mix. GF
- Vegan Almond Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
- Bleuberry Brownies!
- Coconut Flour Brownies GF
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts or unsalted roasted
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup soft medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup or more cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp sugar or sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
For raw hazelnuts, Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 10 to 14 minutes if raw (shake one in between) and 4 or 5 minutes to heat up if roasted. Cool Slightly and put on a kitchen towel. Rub with the towel to remove as many skins as you can. Or use pre-roasted hazelnuts (remove skin in a towel before using).
- Add just the hazelnuts without skin to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until starting to get buttery. *
- Add walnuts and pulse until a coarse meal. Add dates and cocoa, vanilla and salt and pulse to mix in and until the dates break down into the mixture. Add maple syrup to help the mixture stick. Taste and adjust sweet and chocolate (add more cocoa).
- Transfer to a parchment lined pan and pat down to a rectangle.
- Make the Ganache: Heat the non dairy milk and coconut oil over medium heat in a saucepan. when boiling take off heat. Add the chocolate sugar and vanilla and let sit for a minute. Whisk until smooth. Pour over the brownies. Chill for an hour, slice and serve. Let the brownies come close to room temperature before serving. Store on the counter for upto 2 days, Store refrigerated for upto a week.
Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil(refined if you want a neutral flavor). Mix in 2 tbsp smooth nut-butter, 1 to 2 tbsp maple, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla until smooth. Use.
*For a smoother brownie, add 1 tbsp melted coconut oil and process the hazenuts until smooth. They will get smoother in a blender than a processor.
Nutrition is approx 1 of 4 Serves.