Double Blueberry Brownies. Dark Chocolate Brownies with blueberries and almonds. Blueberries cooked to a compote in the wet and blueberries added with chocolate chips in the batter. Vegan Brownie Recipe. Easily made gluten-free. Pin this post for later!
Loads of gorgeous juicy blueberries in the house this summer = Blueberries in brownies!
These brownies have blueberries in the wet as a compote As well as whole fresh blueberries folded into the brownie batter! Its a chocolate brownie + blueberry muffin + decadence all rolled into one. Depending on the moisture content of the berries, the brownies can turn out caky if the compote is not cooked long enough. Cook the compote to thicken, melt chocolate in it, fold in the dry, drop into a brownie pan and bake. Cool, slice, serve with vegan ice cream of choice. I served these with So delicious mocha almond fudge. mmm, so good! The brownies get fudgier and blueberrrier after sitting for a few hours. Use any seasonal berries or cherries of choice for variation. And since it is warm, don’t forget the vanilla ice cream on top while attending to the puffball named chewie.
More Brownies from the blog
- Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Easy Walnut Brownies.
- Gluten-free Brownies and Brownie Mix. GF
- Vegan Almond Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Brownie Mix in a Jar. Single Serve Brownie too. Vegan…
- Coconut Flour Brownies GF
Make the brownie batter. Drop into parchment lined pan and press with oiled hands or spatula. Sprinkle chocolate chips or almond slivers on top.
Bake until a toothpick an inch from the edge comes out clean.
Cool slightly and slice.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (49.33 g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (40 g) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal optional
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (60 to 90 g) loaded cup vegan dark chocolate or vegan semi sweet chocolate chips. About 2.5 oz
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 g) flour I use half wheat half white
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (21.5 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (45 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (37 g) blueberries
- Prepare your brownie pan by lining with parchment or greasing. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc.
- Add water, blueberries and sugars to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Simmer until all the blueberries break apart and the mixture starts to thicken (about 5 to 6 mins). You can use a spatula to mash the berries so they cook through.
- Take off heat and Cool the mixture for a minute or so. Add the flax meal and chocolate and mix until the chocolate melt. Add the oil and vanilla and mix to combine. Let the mixture cool further to until warm to touch.*
- Meanwhile, mix the flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and blueberries and mix.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix until just about combined. Drop the thick batter into the prepared brownie pan. Press the batter into the pan using a spatula or oiled hands. Press in 2 tbsp or more of chocolate chips or slivered almonds on top.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Check with a toothpick an inch from the edge. the center might be liquidy but the toothpick from the edge should come out clean or not liquid.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on the cooling rack for another 10 minutes before slicing.Serve warm with vegan ice cream of choice
Use 3/4 cup oat flour + 2 tbsp tapioca or corn starch + 1/3 cup almond flour instead of the 1 cup flour + 1/4 cup almond flour. Nutritional calculations based on one serving