Easy 1 Pot Vegetable Hakka Noodles. Indo Chinese Hakka Noodles with peppers, onions, cabbage, carrots and a simple sauce. Vegan Nutfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free.
Indo Chinese food is a big category of its own in Indian cuisine. There are several dishes that make up the cuisine. The dishes are known for being heavily influenced by chinese dishes and then they are amped up with things like garlic, ginger, green chile, spices and more.
To make this into a meal, add some baked tofu or some vegan meat subs marinated in soy sauce + minced ginger+ garlic. I like to make these with peppers, onion, cabbage and any other veggies that I have, and some greens. These noodles are super easy, 1 Pot, peppery and a great light weeknight meal.
Easy, quick and amazing flavor!
More quick meals from the blog
- 1 pot Peanut Butter Noodles and Veggies GF
- Lo Mein Noodles. GF option
- Sweet And Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Kung Pao Lentils GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF Soy-free
- Sticky Sesame Ginger Tofu and Veggies. GF
- Curry Ramen with Miso Maple Lentils. GF
If you make these, do let me know in the comments and rate the recipe!
- 6 to 7 oz Hakka Noodles or ramen or soba
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 red and 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or julienned carrots
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp or more sambal oelek or use sriracha or other chile garlic sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- scallions for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to instructions and keep aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. When hot, Add the onions, garlic, ginger, mix and cook until translucent. 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies, a pinch of salt and cook until golden on some edges. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, water in a bowl. Add this to the skillet and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper generously and mix to combine. Taste and adjust salt, heat and black pepper. Flaked black pepper works best in the noodles rather than ground.
- Cover and cook for a minute. garnish with scallions/green onions and serve.