Vegan Lemon Cookies with Chia seeds. 1 Bowl, 7 Ingredients. Zesty, Bite size Soft cookies for snacking or weekend baking. Vegan Recipe. Easily Gluten-free, Nut-free
We got a few days of break from the heat, so I baked these snack cookies! They are zesty, soft, melt in the mouth, citrusy, chewy from the chia seeds, easy and fun.
This summer, I have been craving lemon in muffin form, in chia pudding form, doughnut form (so good!) and pound cake. And of course a lot of Shikanji, which is Indian Lemonade or Limeade with lemon/lime juice, salt, sweetener, kala namak(Indian sulphur black salt), black pepper and cumin. The spiced lemonade is amazingly refreshing and also another use of kala namak.
These cookies also have a great lemony flavor. Make a double batch of these lemon cookies to snack on through the day. Lemon juice and lemon zest (or use lime juice and zest for lime cookies), coconut oil, some non dairy yogurt/applesauce, chia seeds and flour. 7 Main ingredients, 1 Bowl and ready within 30 minutes.
More Cookies from the blog
While you are here, pls see how we can help people affected by hurricane Harvey, and animals affected. Also check what your local organizations are doing and they might need donations or volunteers. Millions of People affected in floods in South Asia over many countries, over 1400 have dies in floods in India, Nepal and Bangladesh.
Press the dough balls on parchment lined sheet.
Vegan Lemon Cookies with Chia Cookies
- Zest of a lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp non dairy yogurt or applesauce
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp semi solid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) sugar , unrefined raw or other
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour or use more flour
- 1 cup (125 g) flour (unbleached all purpose or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- sugar and salt for coating
- Add all the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix well until the sugar dissolves. Let it sit for a minute.
- Add flours and baking powder and salt and mix in until it is a soft dough. Add a good pinch of turmeric for color if you wish. If the dough is too sticky, add a tbsp more flour. If too dry, sprinkle in a few drops of water or oil and mix in. Smooth out the dough and Chill for 10-15 mins. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take small portions of the dough and roll into a ball. Mix 1 tbsp sugar and a good pinch of salt in a small bowl. Roll the ball in the sugar bowl, then press the ball to a flat cookie on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 11 mins. Cool for 5 minutes and serve. Store on the counter for upto 2 days. Refrigerate for upto a week, freeze for months.