Pumpkin Ginger Snaps. Vegan Pumpkin Ginger Cookies with gingerbread spices and pumpkin. Soft Fudgy Cookies. Vegan Recipe. Gluten-free option, oilfree option
These Ginger Cookies are soft, fudgy, blondie like with flavors from the Pumpkin, Ginger bread spices and molasses. They come together very quickly, are almost one bowl if you use a sifter. Even with 2 bowls used, you need to wash only 1.
Pumpkin adds a softness to the cookies which bakes up to a fudgy cookie texture compared to the snappy crisp molasses cookies. Bake them longer for a more cookie like crumb and less for fudgier. Use spices of choice like ginger bread, pumpkin pie spice or chai spice. Add some candied ginger or orange, or chocolate chips or nuts for variation.
I was hoping to edit an amazing roasted squash post for today, but the easier post won. We’ve all be sleep deprived because of Chewie’s cough. It seems to be letting up a little, so keeping our fingers crossed for our resident adopted fluffster.
Dang these are so good. Make a double batch! Crackly cookies also perfect for halloween!
More Cookies from the blog
- Lemon Chia Cookies . GF option
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Oatmeal Walnut chocolate Chunk Cookies
- GF Ginger Molasses cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with coconut oil
More about Chewie’s coughing issue. He has a collapsed trachea and is susceptible to infections and inflammation very easily, causing cough flare ups which are often hard to control. Collapsing trachea is a common problem in smaller breeds partly because of the breeding choices and methods, and demands for certain features in the dogs of certain breeds. There arent any solutions to it except meds to control the coughing and inflammation, which don’t always work. We are trying a couple of things and hoping he gets to sleep at night.
One thing I’ve noticed with the vets though is that everyone checks up on him often. The vets, nurses, specialists. Which is very sweet and interesting as my docs dont check ever :). I am guessing this is because he doesnt have siblings and extended family to check up on him. I can tell you that he is being treated like a king coz of Dad’s head shaking every so often when we would be trying to get him to eat food and eat his meds or giving him his nasal spray.
My book is finally in stock on Amazon UK and is shipping! Order a copy right in time for the holidays. Also, when you do get to cook from it, please do leave a review on amazon uk. Other UK and surrounding area shipping is available through Book Depository which had a big price drop. Also available through Wordery and Hive UK.
Soft Pumpkin Ginger Snaps
- 1/3 cup (2.88 oz) pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Use a well filled 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) neutral oil
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar ( I usually use a mix of coconut and raw sugar)
- 1.5 to 2 tsp (NaN tsp) ginger bread spice blend or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground cloves. Or use Pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 cup (125 g) flour (I use a mix of whole wheat and unbleached white), see notes for glutenfree
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour , see note for nutfree
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients until well combined. The sugar should mix in.
- In another bowl add 3/4 cup of flour and rest of the dry ingredients and and mix well. Or use a sifter and add to that and sift everything into the wet bowl. Add rest of the flour 1 tbsp at a time to make a somewhat sticky dough. See Note *
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes on the counter if cool (its pretty cold these days) or chill in the refrigerator. The dough will become easier to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Flour or oil your hands. Make balls (about 1 inch balls) of the dough and lightly press on the baking sheet to flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 to 13 minutes. For crispier, bake 1 to 2 mins longer. The cookies will be soft when just baked. Cookie slam the sheet for better crackling and texture. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a plate. Store on t he counter covered for the day and refrigerate for upto 5 days.
If you make this recipe, please consider rating it and leaving a comment below. I love hearing from you and seeing your awesome remakes! Find me on Instagram and tag me @veganricha