1 Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread with a few ingredients. Spiced, lightly sweet and great with soups, chilis or on its own with vegan butter and maple syrup or make sandwiches with it. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. GF option
It is the season to plan winter meals and try out some holiday options to plan a menu! Lets start with this soft and delicious cornbread
This Pumpkin Cornbread comes together very quickly. The pumpkin and the spices add a wonderful flavor and moistness to it. Just a touch of maple to keep it lightly sweet. It is perfect to snack on as is, and also great made more sweeter or savory. For a sweeter version, add some sugar and add more pumpkin pie spice. Add dried fruit or other additions. For a savory cornbread, reduce the maple, add some garlic powder, nutritional yeast, herbs!
Serve it with chili, soups, or slice thin to make sandwiches. What’s your favorite way to eat cornbread?
More breads and rolls from the blog
- Pumpkin Sage Biscuits
- 100% Whole Grain Dinner Rolls
- Gluten-free Jalapeno pepperjack Biscuits GF
- Herb Garlic Flatbread
- Gluten-free Garlic Dinner Rolls GF
Everyday Kitchen: Book Depository has free shipping to Canada currently 33% off.
This bread is inspired from Isa Chandra’s Pumpkin Cornbread.
Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread - 1 Bowl
- 1/2 cup (122.5 g) pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp oil (organic safflower or coconut)
- 1/4 cup (80.5 g) maple syrup
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) almond milk or other non dairy milk to make nut-free
- 1 tsp vinegar (apple cider or white)
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) flour (I use unbleached all purpose)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (more or less to preference)
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt (or scant 1/2 tsp)
- 3/4 cup (119.25 g) fine or medium cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt.
- Add in the cornmeal and mix to combine. Transfer the batter to prepared loaf pan and use a spatula to even it out.
- Bake for 34 to 37 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool for another 10 minutes before slicing. (You can also bake the batter into cornbread muffins. Bake for 20-24 minutes).
If you like this recipe, please consider rating it and leaving a comment below. I love hearing from you and seeing your awesome remakes! Find me on Instagram and tag me @veganricha .