Vegan Fajita Pasta with Chickpeas and veggies. Easy Weeknight pasta with Taco seasoned veggies and beans mixed with creamy pasta. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free. Jump to Recipe
Long long ago (undergrad), a friend used to make a version of a chikin fajita pasta. Just a simple fusion meal with pasta, cream, spiced things added in. For a vegan version I use chickpeas and peppers.
The veggies and chickpeas are tossed in taco spices and crisped. The pasta is simmered in a cashew cream sauce with tomatoes and a few flavor ingredients. A portion of veggies and chickpeas is mixed in and the rest is used to top the dish when served. Add other veggies or beans of choice or some crisped tofu or vegan meat subs, soy curls, jackfruit etc. Dreamy, spicy and fun.
More weeknight pastas
- Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower – super popular
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake – sliced cauliflower, baked then dressed in vegan mozz and baked over pasta
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with pumpkin cream sauce and crisp Sage
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese with Potato Carrot Cheese Sauce
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce. GF
This Pasta is just perfect for Weekdays. Simple, Smoky, Delicious!
Vegan Fajita Pasta with Chickpeas and veggies. Easy Weeknight pasta with Taco seasoned veggies and beans mixed with creamy pasta. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 13.5 oz can of chickpeas drained or 1.25 cups cooked
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 6 to 8 oz pasta like fusilli or penne , use gluten free pasta for glutenfre
- 1 large juicy tomato finely chopped
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups cashew cream blend 1/3 cup cashews with 1.5 cups of water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 3/4 tsp or more salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast less or more to preference
- 1 tbsp flour , use rice flour for gluten-free (blend this into the cashew cream)
- fresh or dried basil to taste
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the veggies and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown on the edges
Add the chickpeas, spices, salt and toss well. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add some chipotle pepper or cayenne for additional heat. Take off heat.
Meanwhile Cook the pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain and transfer to a skillet.
Add olive oil, tomatoes and mix. Add cashew cream, garlic, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt, and mix in. Partially cover and bring to a boil. Fold in some basil. Taste and adjust salt, flavor. Add more non dairy milk if needed.
- Fold in half of the fajita veggies + chickpeas lightly. Serve in bowls topped with additional fajita veggies and a sprinkle of vegan parm and black pepper or red pepper flakes, some lime if needed.
Nutrition is 1 of 4 serves