Vegan Taco Salad Bowl with Carrot Walnut Taco “Meat”. Vegan Taco filling. Meatless Taco Salad. Make a wrap or tacos or burrito. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Add some cooked beans or lentils for variation.
One More Bowl Meal to round off January! This Bowl is easy to put together and brings in all the favorite flavors that I love when thinking of a bright and light meal or snack. Anything Taco really is exciting to me lately.
The taco “meat” is a mix of carrots and walnuts and spices, herbs, sauces to flavor. I love this light but very flavorful mix in a meal. Paired with roasted peppers and veggies, greens, salsa, guacamole, jalapeno and other toppings of choice make this a filling and satiating bowl. This bowl is also great when you need a break from the beans, if you know what I mean :). You can of course add some black or pinto beans, or shredded seitan/chickin subs in. Or mix in some cooked red or brown lentils towards the end (add more spices + sauces to adjust for added volume). Make a bowl, wraps, tacos or other formats! Add some cilantro lime rice or spanish rice. I’ve been making variations of the mix to make tacos, taquitos and nachos. Many many options.
More Bowls from the blog
- Chili garlic Tofu Bowl with noodles and chard
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Sprouted Lentil Bowl with Cajun Spied Sweet Potatoes GF
- Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Moroccan spice chickpeas. GF
Added some lentils to the mix for taco night.
- Chile Lime Pinto Bean Fajita Tacos. This marinade is so good!
- Chipotle Garlic Jackfruit Tacos – Easy Instroduction to Jackfruit
- Pulled Butternut Squash Tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- Jackfruit Meatballs Tacos
- Jamaican Jerk Black Bean Tacos with Corn Salsa – This seasoning is great with any beans
If you make this delightful taco mixture or bowl, do let me know in the comments on the post or social media! And do rate the recipe.
Vegan Taco Salad Bowl with Carrot Walnut Taco "Meat". Vegan Taco filling. Meatless Taco Salad. Make a wrap or tacos or burrito. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup bell peppers or other finely chopped vegetables optional
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp or more vegan worchestershire sauce , 3 tsp soy sauce (coconut aminos for soyfree), 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp or more salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder , less for less heat
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder or cayenne optional
- a generous pinch of cloves or all spice for additional flavor
- juice of 1 lime, , 2- 3 tbsp
- 1/4 tsp or more sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 bell peppers
- chopped lettuce or greens
- pico de gallo or salsa of choice
- avocado cubed
- salt pepper lime juice to dress
Prep: Chop the onion and garlic in a food processor or by hand and set aside. Process the carrots and bell peppers in the same food processor until shredded or use a grater for the carrots and chop the bell peppers then set aside. Process the walnuts in the same processor and set aside.
Heat oil in a saucepan or skiller over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add peppers and carrots and a good pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add the tomato paste, sauce, salt and spices and lime juice and mix well.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the walnuts and mix well. Taste and adjust salt, heat, flavor, adding more as needed. add smoked paprika for smokier, lime juice for tang. Check if the carrots are somewhat done.
Cook for another 2 minutes then let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Meanwhile grill the peppers or cook them over medium high in a skillet with a tsp of oil, until golden brown on the edges.
Assemble the bowl with chopped greens, roasted bell pepper, pico de gallo, a generous helping of the taco mix, avocado. Sprinkle salt, pepper and lime juice and serve(so good!). Add other toppings like vegan sour cream, fresh or pickled jalapeno etc. Make tacos or a burrito for variation with additional toppings, beans, spanish rice etc.
For variation, add some beans or cooked red or brown lentils into the mixture at step 5. Add more of the spices to adjust for added volume to taste.
Nutrition is 1 of 4 serves.