Cajun Roasted Vegetable Bowl with Garlic Sauce. Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, Peppers, Onions, tossed in cajun spice blend and roasted. Serve in a bowl with crunchy greens and creamy garlic dressing or make Wraps or Tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Soy-free Recipe. Can be nut-free. Jump to Recipe
Since I made this Sprouted Lentil Bowl with Cajun roasted sweet potatoes, i have been dreaming about using the spice blend over other veggies. Hence, this simple roasted veggies bowl. Slice up the veggies of choice, toss in Cajun blend, some nutritional yeast and bake. Serve these delicious veggies in bowls, wraps, tacos with the creamy garlic sauce. Its Easy, Hearty, Smoky, spicy and so Flavorful.
I make my own cajun blend as then it is easier to control the heat, flavor and salt. Store bought spice blends might already have salt so adjust accordingly. Add some sprouted lentils or chickpeas to the mix for a hearty meal. I love this meal without beans for dinner. Once you have the dressing, this is a quick sheet pan dinner.
This garlic sauce is adapted from my book’s white garlic sauce. To make this nut-free use my nut-free garlic sauce from Everyday Kitchen book (Yes, there are nut-free options for almost all sauces and recipes!), or use tahini garlic dressing. Use seasonal veggies of choice and other spice blends such as berbere, baharat(<– so good) and garam masala from the book! If you make this bowl, do let me know how it turned out.
More Bowls from the blog
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Curried Kidney Bean Bowl with quinoa, zucchini, mango salsa GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
Tossed in spices and ready to bake.
Cajun Roasted Vegetable Bowl with Garlic Sauce. Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, Peppers, Onions, tossed in cajun spice blend and roasted. Serve in a bowl with crunchy greens and creamy garlic sauce or make wraps or tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Soy-free Recipe. Can be nut-free.
- 1/2 head of small cauliflower , chopped into small florets
- 1 sweet potato cubed small
- 4 to 6 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 1 bell pepper , sliced
- 1 cup of other chopped veggies like squash, broccoli, carrots, or root vegetables
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice blend (homemade) , less or more to preference and amount of veggies, Make a double batch of the blend
- 1/2 tsp salt (3/4 tsp if the cajun blend doesnt have salt)
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked for atleast and hour or do a quick soak by boiling for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder or 6 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/4 tsp each sage, thyme, oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast optional, use a tsp of miso instead
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Chop the vegetables and add to a large bowl with a lid.
Mix all the spices, cajun spice, nutritional yeast if using, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Drizzle the oil and lemon on the veggies. Close the lid and shake to coat well. Or rub in using hands.
Sprinkle the spices all over, close the lid and shake shake to coat. Spread the vegetables on parchment lined sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. Move the veggies around after 20 mins and also remove the quick cooking veggies like peppers if they are roasted.
Make the garlic sauce: Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor, salt, herbs. Add some black pepper if you wish.
Assemble your bowl, wraps or tacos with greens or lettuce, generous helping of the roasted vegetables, drizzle of the garlic sauce, some onion or tomato (optional).
Variation: Add 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas or lentils or sprouted chickpeas or lentils to the bowl with veggies and roast.
To make this nut-free use my nut-free garlic sauce from Everyday Kitchen book, or use tahini garlic dressing. Use seasonal veggies of choice and other spice blends such as berbere, baharat and garam masala from the book.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves