Vegan Spinach Dip Breadsticks. Creamy Corn and Spinach dip spread over pizza crust or puff pastry, bake, slice and serve. Easy Vegan Recipe. Can be gluten-free if served as a dip.
It’s the final game this weekend. Seahawks were a miss this year. Superbowl should probably be called the Patriot bowl, I mean Patriots with whoever makes it. 😀
Anywho, Game or not, these Breadsticks are a fab snack or side. The spinach dip is made in a skillet on the stove top. It comes together really quickly. It is hard to keep some aside to make these bread sticks! I added some corn for volume. You can serve the dip directly off the skillet with some vegan Parmesan or spread it over pizza crust or puff pastry, bake, slice and serve as bread sticks or slices.
More apps for gameday
- Kung Pao Cauliflower
- Vegan Pizza Dip! Layers of Cashew mozz, tomato, sauce, herbed mushrooms!
- Spicy Baked Breaded Cauliflower bites with Celery Ranch.
- Baked Vietnamese Fries – Baked potato wedges topped with sweet spicy sauce, sprouts, basil and cilantro . GF
- Jalapeno Popper Dip and Jalapeno Poppers.
- And 40 more options.
If you make this dip or the bread-sticks, let me know how they worked out. Pizza dough or puff pastry can be shaped in various formats, Get creative with the presentation with twists, stuffed bites, pinwheels etc.
Part of my kitchen and home are out of commission for a few days because of a water leak that soaked up through one of the rooms entire floor and then dripped from the living room bulb fixture. Now that was one interesting rainy day. Oh hey, I do have the Instant pot to set up kitchen elsewhere, so we are good (except those humongous loud fans).
Vegan Spinach Dip Breadsticks
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) onion chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 6 to 8 oz (NaN oz) spinach frozen or chopped
- 1/2 cup (77 g) corn frozen
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) cashews soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup (325.33 ml) non dairy milk or water
- 4 tsp (1.5 tbsp) tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp flour or use rice flour to make it gluten-free
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp miso or 1 tbsp nutritional yeast for cheesier flavor
- a dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp chives or parsley or both or 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 Recipe Easy Pizza crust or 2 puff pastry sheets.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- Add spinach, corn and pepper flakes and mix in. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes. (I use frozen spinach directly from the freezer, fresh will cook faster).
- Meanwhile, blend cashews with all the ingredients from non dairy milk to black pepper. Blend until smooth. (For thick and creamier dip, use 1/2 cup cashews and 1 tsp starch)
- Add the mixture to the skillet. Sprinkle in the dill, chives/parsley and black pepper and mix in. Bring to a boil to thicken. Taste and adjust flavor. Cook for another minute stirring continuously then take off heat. At this point this dip can be served as is. Or transfer to a bread bowl and serve warm-hot with a sprinkle of vegan parm on top.
- To make breadsticks, Prep your pizza crust and roll it out into somewhat rectangle or use thawed puff pastry sheets. Spread the warm/cool (not hot) dip over the crust. Add jalapeno or other sliced veggies or veggie sausage or other toppings.
- Bake at 425 degress F(220 deg C) for 17 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit for half a minute. Slice into breadsticks and serve!