Cauliflower Fried Rice. Easy 1 Pot Fried Rice. No grains, low carb. So fluffy and so good. Vegan Gluten-free Grain-free Nut-free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
This easy cauliflower fried rice is fluffy, filling and amazing. I use a combination of shredded cauliflower and broccoli for the rice. Broccoli adds some color and also texture that keeps the shredded cauliflower fluffy.
Add veggies of choice, some sauce/flavor, saute, fluff and done. I served this with some baked lime soy tofu and eggplant that is coming up soon. Any stir fry will work if you can keep some of this fried rice to serve for later. This cauliflower fried rice is best served fresh for maximum fluffyness and neutral cauliflower flavor. Cauliflower flavor tends to get stronger on storage.
Simple, Delicious and Veggie full.
More Cauliflower Recipes!
- Cauliflower Taco “meat” Nachos – So Veggiefull!
- Spanish chickpea stew with Cumin scented Cauliflower Broccoli Rice. Perfect weeknight dinner
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl – Yes!
- Instant Pot Aloo Gobi-Spiced Cauliflower potato – Easy Indian comfort dish
While you are here, this is a description of a dog listed for adoption in a local rescue..
“8 year old male purebred Pomeranian, about 12 pounds. Owner surrender. Simba would like to come and be the king of your castle. He has spent his life in a tiny outdoor enclosure, only leaving to be bred and then returned. He came from a “breeder” and was one of the main stud dogs. This handsome fellow takes a bit to warm up to new humans, but once he does, you will never sit or lay down without him settling nearby. Despite his past, he uses the dog door enthusiastically and loves having a yard to stretch his legs and run. He absolutely LOVES to be brushed and pampered and is starting to do very well on a leash!”
1. Thank goodness he was surrendered. 2. Please Adopt, dont Shop! There are millions of dogs, cats, animals at the shelters and rescues looking for a home and most of them are just like every other dog/cat without behavioral and health issues.
Served below with Baked Tofu and Eggplant Stir fry with Soy Lime Sauce.
Cauliflower Fried Rice. Easy 1 Pot Fried Rice. No grains, low carb. So fluffy and so good. Vegan Gluten-free Grain-free Nut-free Recipe. Serve with stir fries
- 1/2 tsp oil optional
- 1/4 cup onion or shallots , chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 head of medium cauliflower , 2.5 to 3 cups shredded
- 1/4 head of broccoli , about 1 cup shredded, or use more cauliflower
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp sambal oelek or asian chile sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a generous dash of black pepper
- scallions for garnish
- Cook onion and garlic in oil (or 1 tbsp broth) over medium heat until golden. Add ginger, bell pepper, veggies, peas and carrots and a dash of salt. Mix, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the shredded cauliflower or cauliflower+ broccoli, sauces, salt and pepper and mix well. (I use a food processor with S blade for making shredded cauliflower rice. Chop and pulse until evenly shredded. Use similar size florets for best result).
Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Fluff really well, cover and let sit to steam for another 2 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be cooked to a bit more than al dente, but still have just a slight bite.
Taste and adjust salt, flavor. Fluff again. Serve hot as is or with some stir fry or baked tofu. Add some asian chile sauce or some soy sauce for garnish when serving as is. I serve it with some stir fry like the Baked Tofu and Eggplant with Soy Lime Sauce.
To add egg sub: Crumble up 1/4 cup tofu and add to the pan at step 1 after the onions have cooked. Cook until heated through, add a good pinch of turmeric and Indian black salt(kala namak) and mix. Continue with adding the ginger and veggies.
Add some toasted nuts with the cauliflower for variation.
Use coconut aminos to make soy-free.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves