Eggplant & Tofu in Soy Lime Sauce – Baked Eggplant stir fry. Easy 1 Pot meal. Add other veggies of choice. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe.
I made this quick baked stir fry to serve over the fluffy Cauliflower fried rice. Bake the tofu and eggplant and other veggies if using, to crisp and cook, then add the sauce and continue to bake to thicken! Serve hot over rice, fried rice, noodles, or cauliflower fried rice. Easy, 1 dish Meal.
Add other seasonal veggies of choice. Depending on the veggies, add them to the pan with tofu or later. Use a pan that will fit the ingredients in mostly single layer. Double the sauce when adding more ingredients. I have started baking tofu in a stoneware dish as it bakes up really well without getting crinkly and chewy and is just the right texture. The veggies also tend to retain more moisture. Try it and let me know your favorite method of baking tofu and the texture you love!
This meal is Easy, needs 1 Baking dish, flexible, doesn’t need any standing time in the kitchen!
More stir fries from the blog-
- Sweet and Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli – Soyfree. GF
- Kung Pao Cauliflower – Hot! – GF option in Everyday Kitchen Book
- Peanut Sauce Lentils and Veggies. GF, soyfree option
- Hoisin Tofu and Mushroom stir fry. GF
Do tag me on social if you try any of the dishes! Please rate the recipe if you do! <3
Eggplant & Tofu with Soy Lime Sauce - Baked Eggplant Stir fry
- 7 oz Tofu , cubed
- 4 to 5 small eggplants or 2 long eggplants , sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch or use arrowroot starch
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce , use tamari for glutenfree
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- a good pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Place and oiled baking dish (stoneware or glass) in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, add the tofu and sliced eggplant. Spray oil or water. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat. Take the dish out after 10 mins carefully. Spread the tofu and eggplant and bake for 30 mins.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Take the baking dish out of the oven and add the sauce to the dish. Mix to coat. (You can also add some quick cooking veggies to the dish at this point like thinly sliced carrots, peppers).
- Bake for another 15 mins. Alternatively, transfer the baked tofu and eggplant into a skillet, add the sauce and cook over medium to bring to a boil and thicken. Serve over rice or cauliflower fried rice or noodles.