Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup – Smoky Vegan Cauliflower Soup with Red Peppers and Smoked Paprika. Hearty and Delicious. Saucepan Option. Just 5 mins prep. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe. Can be Nut-free. Jump to Recipe
This Cauliflower Soup is Easy, Creamy, Super Quick. It takes just 5 minutes to assemble, blend, then add to the Instant Pot and done!
I blend the Cauliflower before adding to the instant pot. It’s easier and faster than cooking the florets (with or without pre roasting) and using an immersion blender later. Also easier than transferring the hot soup to a blender to blend. Blend before and get the same result! Ah-ha. The blended mix when cooked under pressure cooks out the rawness completely and also adds a flavor as if the cauliflower was lightly roasted!
I add some red bell pepper for color and flavor and herbs and smoked paprika. Then fold in some cashew cream or other non dairy cream of choice to make it creamy and ready to serve. Top with favorite toppings like croutons, veggie bacon crumbles, roasted cajun cauliflower. Delicious and Simple!
More new quicker techniques, tips and Easy options are often found on my Instant Pot Recipe posts. If you make any of these, do let me know in the comments how it worked out and suggestions for tweaks and adjustments that worked!
More Loved Instant Pot Recipes!
- Japanese Veggie Curry. GF
- Potato Chickpea Spinach Soup. GF
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with Red lentils. – So Easy
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF – Creamy, Delicious
- Sweet Potato Chard/Kale Curry – IP aloo Saag. GF
- More Instant Pot Recipes!
I add the non-dairy cream later after pressure cooking. Creams like cashew cream if added earlier can thicken the mixture too quickly and scorch the bottom or just generally hinder the right kind of cooking of the cauliflower mixture.
While you are here, look through these impactful visuals of what’s inside some baby birds. You guessed it right, plastic and more plastic.
Step by Step Photos
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup - Smoky Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- 1 small head of cauliflower or 1/2 a large head
- 1/2 (0.5 ) small onion
- 4 cloves of garlic 4 small cloves or 2 large
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red bell pepper (or use roasted red bell pepper for variation)
- 1.5 cup (375 ml) water or veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (NaN tsp) red pepper flakes
- a good dash of all spice or cinnamon (optional, but adds great depth of flavor)
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup (1.52 oz) cashew milk ( 1/3 cup cashews and 1 tsp flour blended with 1 cup of water (use rice flour for gluten-free))
- basil/cilantro, vegan bacon, black pepper and other toppings of choice
- Blend the first 4 ingredients with 1.5 cups of water or broth. **(see note). Add to the instant pot. Alternatively**, saute the onion and garlic in 1 tsp oil until translucent. Then add blended cauliflower Or add florets, chopped bell pepper and broth and proceed. Use an immersion blender at step 3 after adding cashew milk.
- Add the spices, herbs, salt and nutritional yeast, Mix well. Close the lid and pressure cook (manual hi) for 14 mins.
- Let the pressure release naturally. Open the lid, add cashew milk and mix in. Press Saute, cover and cook for for 4 -5 mins (The soup will tend to splash when boiling, so cover with a well fitting lid. If the lid is too large, the moisture will trickle out and flow along the pot to the bottom which is electrical, which isn't a good thing).
- Taste and adjust salt, flavor, spice. Add some chili blend, or sweetener if needed. Add some more broth if needed for preferred consistency.
- Serve with toppings of choice such as fresh basil or cilantro, vegan bacon crumbles, bbq chips, roasted cajun cauliflower! or other and a side of garlic bread or toasted+buttered bread or dinner rolls. So good!