Easy Warming Chickpea Potato Soup that can be made in Instant Pot pressure cooker or Saucepan. 1 Pot Creamy Potato Chickpea Spinach soup with veggies. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free Oil-free Recipe.
It’s still pretty cold out here and soup weather. This simple potato chickpea and veggie soup comes together very quickly, has an amazing flavor profile from thyme, oregano, fennel seeds and some pepper and cinnamon, and is hearty and pleasing.
Water saute some onion and garlic, mix in the rest of the ingredients and pressure cook or cook in a saucepan. Fold in greens and done. Make it creamy or brothy as you prefer. For creamier, blend up a portion of the soup and mix in.
This hearty Soup is easy, flavorful, delicious, and quick. Try it with beans and veggies of choice. See Stove top Saucepan instructions in Recipe note section below.
More Instant Pot recipes from the blog!
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with Red lentils. – So Easy
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF – Creamy, Delicious
- Lentil Veggie Dhansak – Lentil Veggie Stew in IP. GF – Easy and Simple Everyday meal
- Kohlapuri Veggies – Veggies in sesame coconut sauce GF -Regional Indian Veggies
- Lentil Sweet Potato Soup GF – Perfect winter bowl
Certain non dairy milks or brands tend to separate when boiled, so use all water or broth and add some cashew cream in the end or blend up a portion of the soup to make a creamy thick soup.
Chickpea Potato Soup in Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup (62.5 g) water or broth
- 1/2 (0.5 ) onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup (74.5 g) chopped tomato
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) thyme or use a tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 large potato cubed small ( I use yukon gold or white,)
- 3/4 cup (96 g) carrots
- 1/2 cup (74.5 g) other veggies like peppers mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli
- 1.25 cups (205.19 g) cooked chickpeas or 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (244 ml) non dairy milk such as coconut milk almond milk or cashew milk
- 2 cups (2 to 3 oz) Spinach
- freshly ground black pepper for garnish , lemon juice (optional)
- Add broth in the Instant Pot on saute. Add onion and garlic cook until golden. Deglaze with a tbsp of water in between if needed. (See Stove top Saucepan instructions in Recipe note section below. )
- Add the chopped tomato and mix. Add the spices and herbs and mix in.
- Add veggies, chickpeas, salt, non dairy milk ** and water and mix.
- Pressure cook for (manual, hi) 5 minutes, let the pressure release naturally.
- Fold in spinach and saute for a minute. Add thick cashew cream for creamier soup and mix in. Add black pepper and lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Serve with crackers, garlic rolls or garlic bread.