Sheet Pan Veggie Dinner with Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Tofu, Chickpeas, Sunflower seeds dressed with Miso Maple Dressing. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Recipe. Can be soyfree with chickpea miso. 20 gm of Protein
Since Spring I have been favoring Roasted Veggie Meals that are simple to put together and allow easy experimentation with spices, herbs, flavors. I mean look at that gorgeous bowl with Korean Gochugaru, we had the veggies for dinner in wraps just last night.
It also helps that most are sheet pan dinners or meals. Toss in spices or herbs, spread on pan, bake and done. Add dressing of choice and serve as is or over greens. Today’s veggies have chipotle pepper powder and flakes to add flavor and are served with a miso maple dressing. The sweet and sour dressing mellows the heat of the chipotle. You can also serve the veggies with vegan sour cream or lime crema. Veggies + sunflower seeds + dressing, refreshing, filling and Delicious. Broccoli, Tofu and chickpeas amp up the protein to about 20 g per serve!
I should probably name this month Eat the veggies! What are your favorite veggie bowls/meals.
Do you like veggie bowl meals or would you like other applications of veggies this season. Either Bowls or throw everything in the IP kind of meals have been popular in the house.
More Veggie Meals from the blog,
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Spanish Rice, Taco Spice Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
Sheet Pan Veggie Dinner with Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Tofu, Chickpeas, Sunflower seeds dressed with Miso Maple Dressing. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Recipe. Can be soyfree with chickpea miso. 23 gm of Protein!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup cubed sweet potato
- 1.5 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup tofu (pressed for 10 mins then cubed)
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper , sliced
- 2 tsp oil
- 3/4 tsp chiotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper flakes or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- additional optional spices: dash of black pepper cinnamon, 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- a good pinch of salt and paprika/chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 C). Line a large baking dish with parchment. Slice/cube the veggies and tofu and add to bowl or directly to the baking dish. Add chickpeas or beans that you are using. Drizzle oil all over and toss.
Mix the spices and salt in a small bowl. Add the spice mix and toss to coat. Spread the veggies in the baking dish in one layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and garlic, spray oil on top of the garlic and seeds and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the veggies are done to preference and chickpeas are roasted.
- Serve with drizzle of the miso maple dressing and some crunchy lettuce or greens if you wish or add to tacos with the dressing and avocado.
Dressing: Mix miso in lime + water until well combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. (you can also use a small blender to mix the dressing). Taste and adjust flavor to preference with additional lime for tang or salt.
Soyfree: use chickpea miso in the dressing and more chickpeas or veggies instead of tofu.
Oil-free: Use broth + lime juice instead of oil on the veggies.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves