Cold Soba Noodle Salad Recipe. Noodle Salad Bowl with Peppers, Carrots, Zucchini, Green Onion and Sesame Lime Ginger Dressing. Refreshing Summer Salad. Vegan Nutfree. Gluten-free Option, Soy-free Option. Jump to Recipe
Its been Very hot in the PNW last few weeks and standing near the hot stove to cook is not fun. Light meals that can be made ahead, work out best. This noodle salad is a perfect light dinner or lunch. It can be made ahead and is very refreshing. These soba noodles are also great to take to potlucks or to eat outside enjoying the sunny summer evening.
Cook the noodles, toss in oil to keep them from getting sticky. Chop the veggies, mix the dressing, toss with noodles and done! Change up the veggies, add some tofu or edamame, change up the dressing with some peanut butter for a peanut dressing for variations. Chill the dressing for a bit so the ginger can infuse the dressing as well get slightly pickled in the lime + vinegar to take the raw edge off.
This noodle salad is Easy, Quick and so Delicious.
More Summer Meals from the blog
- Tuscan Pasta Salad with Vegan Feta. GFoption
- BBQ Tofu and Veggie Bowl. GF
- Black Bean Corn Salad (Elote style) – GF
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Sour Cream Roasted Potato Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl GF
- Deconstructed Summer Roll Bowl. GF
Cold Soba Noodle Salad Recipe. Noodle Salad Bowl with Peppers, Carrots, Zucchini, Green Onion and Sesame Lime Ginger Dressing. Refreshing Summer Salad. Vegan Nutfree. Gluten-free Option, Soy-free Option
- Juice of half a lime (full lime if the lime is small or less juicy)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil , plus more for coating noodles
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free, coconut aminos for soyfree)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp asian chile sauce (sambal oelek) or sriracha or other hot sauce to taste
- 7 to 8 oz Soba noodles , use pure buckwheat soba or rice noodles for gluten-free
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 6 or 7 green onions .green parts chopped, divided
- 1 zucchini or cucumber thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds , green onion, cilantro/mint (optional), crushed roasted peanuts/cashews(optional) for garnish
- optional additions: edamame , baked tofu, other crunchy veggies etc.
Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust sweet, heat, tang(lime). Chill for 15 mins.
Cook the noodles according to instruction on the package. (Simmer in boiling water for 4 to 5 mins for the wheat + buckwheat soba). Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add the noodles to a bowl and add a tsp of oil or sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Add the veggies and half of the green onions to the bowl.
Add the dressing to the bowl and toss well.
Taste and adjust. Add salt or soy sauce for saltier, a bit more sweetener if needed, lime or vinegar for tang.
Garnish with green onions, crushed nuts(optional) and sesame seeds (optional). Chill and serve.
Variations: Add 2 tbsp peanut butter to the dressing for creamier.
Add baked tofu or tempeh for additional protein.
Add in some sprouts and crushed roasted Cashews or Peanuts for variaiton.
Nutrition is for 1 serve