Red Curry Tempeh Summer Rolls served with manchurian or tonkatsu sauce. Tempeh marinated and roasted in red curry paste + maple. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
I am getting better at rolling up Summer Rolls! They are a great way to finish up stuff from the refrigerator without spending too much time standing near the hot kitchen stove.
I used 3 grain Tempeh for the rolls. Tempeh was steamed and marinated in red curry, maple, soy sauce marinade and cooked until the marinade thickened. Then I went to the fridge and shredded, sliced whatever I had.
Folded up in the roll and served with manchurian sauce pictured (sauce with veggie cabbage balls from the book). These rolls can also be served with a delicious tonkatsu sauce or Thai Peanut butter sauce.
More Tempeh Recipes from the blog.
- Sriracha BBQ Baked Tempeh Wraps with tahini slaw
- Tofu Mango Summer Rolls with Makhani dipping sauce
- Tempeh Scramble, Jalapeno popper dip, Broccoli wraps.
- Gluten-free Potstickers filled with Sweet & Sour Tempeh
In other news, ever wonder What happens to balloons that float away? Helium balloons or other colorful balloons? Everything that goes up, comes down.
Balloons, even though some are biodegradable, take years to degrade. In that time, they kill countless animals and cause dangerous power outages. Sea turtles, dolphins, whales, fish and birds have been reported with balloons in their stomachs and ribbons and strings can lead to entanglement, causing death.
Also, today is the release day of Unity. A film by the writer director of Earthlings. Unity takes an in-depth look at what it truly means to be human. The film presents a message of love, tragedy and hope, all set against the backdrop of some of the most compelling 20th and 21st century footage imaginable. Watch the trailer here, and find a screening near you here.
Red Curry Tempeh Summer Rolls
Save This Recipe in Your Inbox
Share your email and we will send this recipe! Plus, enjoy all the new recipes as they post!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from Vegan Richa.
- 8 oz (226.8 g) tempeh cut into thin strips
For the marinade:
- 1 to 1.5 Tbsp (1 to 1.5 tbsp) red curry paste check for shell fish or other fish ingredients
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 to 2 Tbsp (1 to 2 tbsp) maple or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- a few Tbsp water or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon zest optional
For the rolls
- 8 to 10 Rice wrappers
- shredded carrots
- thinly sliced celery or cucumber
- fresh cilantro or basil or mint
- chopped scallions
- other additions : cooked rice noodles mung bean sprouts, peanuts.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the tempeh into thin strips. Steam the tempeh for 10 minutes. Or boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade until a paste is formed. Add water or coconut milk if needed. Rub the marinade on all the tempeh strips. Let it chill for an hour or so.
- Transfer the tempeh with the marinade into a large skillet. Add 2 to 3 Tbsp water. Cook over medium heat until all the marinade is absorbed or thickens and sticks to the strips. About 5 minutes.
- Prep your roll station with chopped veggies and wrappers.
- Dip each wrapper in warm water for 10 seconds, then place on a wet surface. Pile up the veggies, herbs and tempeh strips. Sprinkle salt and pepper if needed. Roll from one end to the middle, the fold the side edges in, and roll over to seal.
- Serve with tonkatsu, manchurian sauce or thai peanut sauce.