Easy Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe. Simple soft Vanilla Cake topped with a delicious Streusel. Classic Cinnamon Streusel Coffee cake. Vegan soyfree nutfree Recipe. Glutenfree option.
You all have been making that Chocolate chip cake everyday! In many formats, with many additions (coconut, berries, vegan marshmallows!). The batter from the cake is very versatile. Make it slightly thicker for loafs, thinner for cake pan cake, add fruits and nuts for muffins!
I use almost the same batter today for this Super Easy Coffee Cake. The smooth batter comes together quickly. It is topped with a simple cinnamon streusel that bakes up beautifully. Use other spices in the streusel for variation. Add nuts or fresh or dried fruit to the batter and streusel.
This Coffee Cake is just the right decadent, and just enough sweet to stand as a bakery version without going overly sweet. It is amazing as is. Add a simple icing for events and such. Lets make this Easy, Delicious, Versatile Cake.
More Cakes and Bakes from the blog
- Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Lemon blueberry pound cake
- GF Cashew Butter Chocolate Marble Cake.
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Bread yeast-free.
- GF Carrot Banana Bread – Also grain-free.
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake. GF
This Cake is Everyone Approved! We’ve served it to a mixed crowd and everyone has asked for the recipe. If you make, do let me know how it worked out in the comments or tag me on Instagram.
NOTE: Coffee Cake is a term for regular cake with a streusel, other toppings that is served in a coffee shop or served with coffee. It does not usually contain coffee itself. A cake which contains coffee is also called coffee cake, but here this is a streusel cake to be served with coffee or tea. 🙂
The cake can be made without oil and without gluten. See notes for options.
Easy Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe. Simple soft Vanilla Cake topped with a delicious Streusel. Classic Cinnamon Streusel Coffee cake. Vegan soyfree nutfree Recipe. Glutenfree option.Makes One 8 by 8 inch pan or use 9 by 9 inch brownie pan
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as almond or soy
- 1 tbsp applesauce or non dairy yogurt or more non dairy milk (applesauce or yogurt work best)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/4 cup neutral oil , or use 3 tbsp applesauce to make oil-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of almond extract (optional but wonderful)
- 1.5 to 1.75 cups of flour (I use 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose and 1/2 cup wheat flour, or all unbleached all purpose), see GF option in notes
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or use oil
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp oil , refined coconut or other neutral like safflower
Line a pan with parchment with parchment hanging on the edges. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F (176 C). In a bowl, mix in the wet ingredients until the sugar is fully combined.
In another bowl, whisk 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. (Add spices of choice if you like. Add berries, or pineapple, or candied ginger if you like. Add 2 tbsp almond flour to the dry for additional texture (optional)).
- Fold into the wet until just about combined. Add more flour if needed 1 tbsp at a time to make just slightly thick batter. Pour into a parchment lined pan.
In a bowl, add the dry streusel ingredient and mix well. Add the vegan butter and oil and mix it in with your fingers until well distributed and crumbly. Spread over the cake batter.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 mins. Cool for 10 mins, then remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Store on the counter for upto 2 days, refrigerated for upto 7 days, freeze (slices) for upto a month
To make cupcakes/muffins: Bake for 22 to 24 mins for regular size muffins.
Gluten-free: Mix 3/4 cup white rice flour, 1 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup potato starch, 1 tbsp chia seeds/flax seed meal. Use 1 3/4 cup of the flour mix and add more as needed. For streusel use a mix of rice flour and almond flour.
Oil-free: Use apple sauce for the batter.
Use 1/4 cup nut butter for the streusel, Also use 1/4 cup brown sugar and add few tsp maple syrup as needed to make a crumbly mixture.
Variations: Add seasonal berries, dried fruit or nuts with the dry ingredients of the batter.
Swirl in some softened peanut butter into the batter.
Icing: Mix 1/3 cup powdered sugar with a tsp or so non dairy milk and use
Nutrition is for 1 serve (1 slice)