This Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Cake is super Easy and Quick. A simple yellow cake, swirled with cinnamon sugar makes for a delightful treat. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe. Can be made into cupcakes. Glutenfree option
When I crave some cinnamon roll action but want it super quick, I make this cake! The simple 1 Bowl Yellow cake is lightly sweet and makes soft and moist cakes. Add layers of cinnamon sugar and swirl some in. Bake and done! Add a glaze if you like. The Cake is sweet enough and delicious without any. Serve as is or warm with vegan butter.
To make this gluten-free, try the flour mix from my gluten-free christmas cake. See recipe notes below for quantity.
This cake is Soft, moist, Cinnamony and Vibrant. Perfect for a Sunday treat with Masala Chai or spiced coffee drinks, or carry along on trips or school. Add a glaze/icing to make it into a delectable dessert. Add some nuts with the cinnamon swirl. Bake the batter into cupcakes/muffins, so many options!
More Fantastic Bakes from the blog
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Lemon blueberry pound cake
- GF Cashew Butter Chocolate Marble Cake.
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Bread yeast-free.
- GF Carrot Banana Bread – Also grain-free.
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake. GF
For no oil and no refined sugar free cake, try this Turmeric Coconut Loaf.
Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Cake
Yellow Vanilla cake
- 1 cup (244 ml) non dairy milk such as almond or soy
- 1 tsp vinegar ( apple cider vinegar or white)
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) sugar 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of almond extract optional but wonderful
- a good pinch of turmeric for color optional
- 2 cups (250 g) of flour ( I use all unbleached all purpose, or a combination of all purpose and wheat)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 3 tbsp sugar light brown sugar or a mix of brown and regular
- 1.25 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom or chai spice or ginger or orange zest for variation
- Prepare a loaf pan ( 9 by 5 inch) by lining with parchment or greasing. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F ( 180 deg C).
- Mix the non dairy milk and vinegar and let sit for 2 mins. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk well to combine. Sugar should be well combined.
- Add 1 3/4 cup flour*, starch baking powder, baking soda and salt (through a sieve or mixed in another bowl). Whisk well to combine. Add in the rest of the flour 1 tbsp at a time, if needed. The mixture should be a flowy but just slighty stiff (depends on the flours used). You can also in some spices into the flour for other flavors.(*If using whole grain flour, start with 1 3/4 cup flour. You might not need more).
- In a small bowl mix the cinnamon, sugar and a good pinch of salt. Press down with a spoon and mix until the cinnamon is mixed in.
- Add half of the batter to a prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture on the batter. Pour the rest of the batter and even it out. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top. Use a knife to swirl in lightly throughout the batter. Spray oil on top to seal in the cinnamon mixture
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (depends on the pan and oven) Check from the center at 45 mins and continue baking till the toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Cool on the counter for 10 mins then remove from the pan and continue to cool completely before slicing. Slice and Store on the counter for upto 2 days and refrigerated for upto a week. Slices can also be frozen. Add an icing for dessert.