Vegan Gluten free Banana Bread. Grain-free Flourless Carrot Banana Bread. No Gum, no Aquafaba. Soft, Moist and Easy. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free recipe. Jump to Recipe
What do you do when you want both a banana bread and carrot bread, You make Carrot Banana Bread!
I was playing around with my gluten-free fruit cake recipe for a no grain version banana bread. Too many Bananas can tend to make gummy results with a bit of error easily. Addition of some other fruit for additional moisture helps reduce that and also adds great flavor, moisture and texture to the bread. For with gluten(regular flour) version make my 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread with shredded carrots and spices of choice.
This bread uses almond flour and coconut as the base. This Carrot Banana Bread is moist and textured with flavors from banana, carrot, spices and vanilla and great to snack on. To make it into a banana cake, add a cashew cinnamon frosting like my carrot cake.
This bread is soft, super moist, delicious and comforting. Let me know if you try it!
More Gluten-free bakes from the blog
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Bread yeast-free.
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake.
- Gluten-free Brownies
- Sweet Potato Blondies.
- Gluten-free Lemon Donuts
- And many more here
I haven’t tried it without almonds. If you do make it with other nut flour or sunflower seed flour, let me know how it turns out.
Since I discovered how well citric acid does in gluten-free baking I’ve been using it more and more. This bread uses only a bit which can be omitted. It seems to also prolong the shelf life of the baked result as they dont taste stale as quickly.
If you make this bread, let me know how it turned out!
Vegan Gluten free Banana Bread - Grain free Carrot Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup (84.22 g) + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup (40 g) potato starch
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) citric acid (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or a mix if cinnamon and cardamom
- 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded coconut , small shreds
- 1/4 cup (30 g) coconut flour , use 1/3 cup rice flour as sub
- 1/4 cup (24.75 g) pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp or more dried fruit, chopped dates or chocolate chips
- 1 cup (128 g) grated carrot
- 2 ripe bananas , small to medium size, not too large
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) non dairy milk such as almond milk
- 1 tsp lime juice or lemon juice , use 2 tsp if omitting citric acid
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal or chia seeds
- 4 tbsp (50 g) sugar , less or more depending on ripeness of bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp oil , use applesauce to make oilfree
- Line a loaf pan with parchment. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F (185 deg C).
- Mix everything under dry except carrots and set aside. Mix well using a whisk. Add carrots and lightly mix.
- Blend everything under wet until smooth, Alternatively, mash the banana really well and mix in the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Combine dry and wet and mix in till just about combined into a thick muffin like batter. If the mixture is thin, add a tbsp more coconut flour or potato starch.
- Transfer the thick batter to the lined loaf pan. Even it out using a spatula. Top with additional coconut or walnuts
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, test with toothpick from he center, it should come out almost clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 mins then remove from the pan carefully and let cool on the counter lightly covered. Slice when completely cool. Store on the counter for the day and refrigerated for upto 4 days.