Vegan Wild Rice Mushroom Soup made in a Pressure Cooker. Instant Pot Mushroom soup. Creamy 1 Pot Winter meal. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe Nutfree option. Jump to Recipe
Its getting cold out here and what better to start off fall than this super creamy mushroom wild rice soup. Creamy, hearty and so comforting.
Mushrooms are sauteed to golden. Rice, herbs and spices are added and then comes the twist, some salsa and taco seasoning! Yes, it works together. Mix it up, close the lid and pressure cook. Once the pressure is released, add the vegan cream cheese or cashew cream for making it super creamy. And done. You can leave the taco seasoning and salsa out and add some italian herbs for the usual flavor profile. Whole process takes 10 minutes of active time and then you have to wait for bowl of hot creamy deliciousness. See sauce pan option in recipe notes section.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- IP Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce GF
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF – Creamy, Delicious
- Japanese Veggie Curry. GF
- Aloo Gobi GF
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with Red lentils. – So Easy
- More Instant Pot Recipes!
- If you can find pure wild rice, that makes this an even more amazing soup. Pressure cook for 35 mins.
- Mix the rice and broth mixture really well before closing the lid so that any scorched bits get mixed in. The scorched onion can cause a burn message.
- Add some soycurls for a rice chiken mushroom soup.
- Use other herbs for variation.
- The recipe is easily doubled. Pressure cook for 5 mins longer.
Vegan Wild Rice Mushroom Soup made in a Pressure Cooker. Instant Pot Mushroom soup. Creamy 1 Pot winter meal. Gluten-free Soy-free. Nutfree option
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño (finely chopped)
- 8 oz mushrooms (sliced - white or cremini or a mix with portobello, shittake)
- 1 cup wild rice blend or pure wild rice
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (or Mrs. Dash seasoning)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups water (or veggie broth)
- 3/4 tsp salt (less or more, depending on taste)
- 1/2 cup salsa , or use finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (or cashew cream)
- pepper flakes/black pepper and fresh herbs for garnish
Set your Instant Pot to sauté. Add the oil, when hot then add onion, garlic, jalapeño, mushrooms and a good pinch of salt. Cook for 2 to 3 mins. (You can also add 1/4 cup white wine and cook for a min)
Add the rice, spices, herbs, salt, water/broth and salsa**. Mix well. (At this point, you can also add in some (1 cup) rehydrated soy curls or any vegan chicken substitutes if you like.) Close the lid and cancel saute.
Pressure cook for 30 to 35 mins(hi pressure). Then let the pressure release naturally before opening.
Open the lid and give it a good mix. Add vegan cream cheese or cashew cream. Set to sauté and mix well. Let the mixture start to boil. Once it has heated through, taste and adjust the salt, flavor and heat. At this point, you can also fold in some baby spinach or other baby greens and Add more liquid if needed for soupier.
Switch off sauté and let sit for a min. Garnish with generous black pepper or pepper flakes. Serve with garlic bread, crackers or other sides..
The soup is easily made nutfree with a soy based cream cheese or non dairy cream. For oil-free, saute in 2 tbsp broth. Deglaze as needed.
Saucepan: Follow Step 1 in a large saucepan over medium heat for 4 to 5 mins. Remove half of the mushrooms. Add rice, spices, salt, salsa, 5 cups broth and mix well. Partially cover and cook for 50 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender. Add in the mushrooms and vegan cream cheese and simmer for a few mins.
**Omit salsa and taco seasoning and add some sage, thyme and parsley for italian profile rice mushroom soup.
Add some carrots and celery with the onion.
Nutrition is for 1 Serve