Gluten-free Cauliflower flatbread. This 7 Ingredient Gluten free flatbread is also grain-free, nut-free and soy-free. It is soft and great for tacos and wraps. Add herbs of choice. Vegan Cauliflower Flatbread Yeastfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
Every once in a while I try gluten free flatbread options from stores, to see if they work out well to have around when entertaining. And pretty much every time I am disappointed. So here we are with a homemade option that is pliable, soft doesn’t have 20 ingredients and is versatile!
This cauliflower flatbread has just 7 ingredients! Some steamed cauliflower, Psyllium, chickpea flour, tapioca starch, salt and herbs! It comes together quickly, is easy to roll out, and is super soft and pliable.
These grain-free and nut-free(yes no almonds!), flatbreads can be made ahead and stored, so that you don’t have to stand in the kitchen to serve them fresh. Just warm up when needed. Use other veggie mash for variation. Flour and oil sub tips in notes. Try these flatbreads!
More flatbread from the blog
- Herb Garlic Flatbread – Yeast-free.
- Spinach flatbread – Palak Paratha or Spinach Tortillas. Yeast-free
- Pita Bread – Yeasted
- Pumpkin rosemary flatbread – Yeast-free
- Sweet Potato gluten-free flatbread. Chickpea flour base. yeast-free. GF
- Naan bread.
Mix the dry into the wet to make a dough. Roll the dough out using rice flour or more chickpea flour. Cover the flatbread with a towel till ready to cook.
Store cooked flatbreads in a kitchen towel until ready to serve.
Gluten free Cauliflower Flatbread Grainfree
- 1 cup (107 g) cauliflower , steamed or boiled until tender
- 3 tbsp (2 tbsp) water
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk , powdered (i just put it in a blender to make a coarse powder)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) tapioca starch , or other starch
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking powder
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oregano or other herbs to preference
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Drain and blend the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons water to puree. (you will need a small blender, or just mash very well into a smooth puree with the water).
- Add to a bowl with psyllium. Use 1 tbsp water to rinse out the blender and add to the bowl.
- Mix and let sit for a minute to gel up. (the mix should stiffen and make a dough like gel. If it doesnt thicken, then something isnt working with the psyllium and the flatbread wont work)
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add oil and Get your hands (grease them) in there to make a somewhat dough. Add a tbsp or more chickpea flour if needed.
- Divide and Shape into balls and use flour or oil if needed on your hands. Use chickpea flour or rice flour to roll the balls out into 6 inch or so flatbread.
- Heat a thick bottom skillet over medium heat. When hot, Cook the flatbreads for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown spots. Use a spatula to press the breads during cooking. Store covered with a towel until ready to eat..
- These flatbreads are best when warm. Reheat on the skillet or microwave before serving. A brush of melted vegan butter or olive oil goes very well. Store in a cloth towel on the counter for the day.Fold in a paper towel and store in airtight container refrigerated for upto 5 days. Freeze for upto a month.