Soy-free Tofu Stir fry with Sunbutter Sauce. Chickpea Tofu with Nutfree Peanut Sauce! Allergy friendly 1 Pot Meal. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
I love quick 1 Pot stir fry meals with creamy thai style peanut sauce. Add some veggies or tofu or some lentils and its a delicious meal! Many of you avoid nuts or soy or both. So I went about making an allergy friendly version. The tofu here is chickpea flour tofu, no soy!. The Peanut sauce uses sunbutter, no nuts and no soy. This whole meal takes just minutes if you have already prepped chickpea tofu. Add veggies of choice and serve over grains or noodles!
Lets make this Stir fry with chickpea flour tofu and Peanut free Peanut Sauce! If you try it, let me know how it worked out.
More 1 Pot Meals from the blog
- 1 pot Peanut Butter Noodles and Veggies GF
- Sweet And Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Kung Pao Lentils GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF Soy-free
- Tofu, Veggies, Brown Rice Noodles with from scratch hoisin sauce . GF
- Sticky Ginger Sesame Tofu and veggies
You want to crisp up the chickpea tofu before adding to the sauce. That helps it hold its shape and also have better texture. Adding it directly to a hot sauce can make it a bit sticky.
Soy-free Tofu Stir fry with Sunbutter Sauce
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) oil divided
- 1/2 recipe (0.5 recipe) chickpea flour tofu (1.25 cups cubed, or use firm tofu if using soy)
- 1.5 cups (0.15 g) veggies such as pepper carrots, green beans, zucchini
- 6 to 8 oz (6 to 8 oz) noodles or rice to serve
- 4 tbsp (4 tbsp) sunbutter (sunflower seed butter), or use oeanut, almond or cashew butter for nut sauce.
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) sriracha
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) maple syrup or sugar
- 1.5 tbsp (1.5 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) rice vinegar , optional
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) of garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) ginger , chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup (113 ml) coconut milk + 1/2 cup water to rinse(used later)
- Prepare your chickpea tofu if you havent already and chill for 15 mins then cube. Blend sunbutter sauce with 1/2 cup coconut milk and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When it has heated, add cubed chickpea tofu and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. (You can toss the chickpea tofu in 1 tbsp cornstarch before roasting to make it crispier). Remove from the skillet. This helps the chickpea tofu hold shape and not get sticky in hot sauces.
- Add veggies and a teaspoon of oil and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Add a generous dash of black pepper and mix in. Then add the chickpea tofu.
- Add the blended sunbutter sauce then use 1/2 cup of water to rinse out the blender and add the water to the skillet. Mix and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt and heat to taste. Add more water or coconut milk if it's thickening too quickly or for thinner consistency.(sauce thickens on cooling)
- Serve over noodles or rice, lettuce, with lemon/lime juice, sriracha or pepper flakes and cilantro.