These Vegan Snickerdoodle Bars need 1 Bowl and 30 mins. Easy Snickerdoodle cookie bars short bread like, cinnamony and delicious. Vegan Cinnamon Bars Glutenfree option. Jump to Recipe
These Cinnamony bites are great for when you need a lightly sweet snack. Shortbread like cookie bars topped with cinnamon and sugar. The bars need just 1 Bowl and come together within minutes. I added some candied ginger to the dough which you can omit if you like.
Bake, slice and done. You can bake the dough into cookies as well. Roll in cinnamon sugar, flatten and bake. Glutenfree and no oil options in the Recipe notes. Lets make these melt in your mouth burst of cinnamon bars.
More Snack Bars and Cookies
- Pumpkin Bars – Grainfree
- Seedy Chocolate Snack Bars – GF
- Hazelnut chocolate fudge bars GF
- Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Chocolate Peanut butter Fudge Bars GF
- Tiramisu Cheesecake Bars
The dough can feel slightly dry but when you mix with your hands, it softens and makes a more cohesive dough. Then transfer to the pan and press evenly. Use a sprinkle of water to help if needed. For thicker bars, use a loaf pan.
Vegan Snickerdoodle Bars - Cinnamon Bars
Makes One 8 by 8 inch brownie pan or a 9 by 5 loaf pan. 16 small bars.
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) oil
- 1/3 cup (0.02 ml) maple syrup
- 2.5 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (156.25 g) flour , a few tbsp more depending on the flour used. GF option in notes
- 1/3 cup (37.33 g) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Line a brownie pan or a loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F (180 C). In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients until well combined. Add a tbsp of sugar/coconut sugar if you like the bars to be sweeter
- Add 1 cup flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon to the bowl. Lightly mix the dry ingredients and then mix them into the wet.
- Add candied ginger if using and 1 tbsp flour.and mix in. Add more flour a tbsp at a time until the dough is not sticky. You want just slightly stiff dough.
- Press the dough in prepared brownie or loaf pan. Press it towards the edges and then press with your hand or spatula to even it out.
- Mix coconut sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle all over. Spray some water or oil on the cinnamon sugar mixture to help stick if needed.
- Bake for 18 to 20 mins. Cool for 10 mins then remove from pan. Slice and cool more.Cool for 5 mins then remove from pan. Slice and cool completely before storing. You can add a simple sugar icing for a dessert bar.
- To make cookies: Make balls of the dough, roll into cinnamon sugar mixture, flatten and bake for 9-10 mins. You can also make cinnamon roll cookies with the dough. Roll it out. Spray oil, then cinnamon sugar mixture. Make a roll, seal with water, slice and bake. Store the bars/cookies on the counter for upto 4 days, refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.