Vegan Cajun Roasted Cauliflower “Steaks” with Chimichurri Sauce. 30 Mins, super Flavorful. Slice into thick slices or just chop into florets to make this delicious Cajun Cauliflower. Serve with chimichurri or a cooling dressing. Glutenfree Soyfree Nutfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
I’ve wanted to make just the Cajun cauliflower since I posted the now very popular Garlic pasta with roasted cajun cauliflower. Creamy Pasta with smoky spicy cauliflower makes a fabulous weekday meal! I make my own cajun blend so I can control the flavor and heat and it works out wonderfully over cauliflower.
For crispier cauliflower, add some breadcrumbs to the spice mix and then toss. Adjust the heat of the cajun seasoning by reducing cayenne, pepper flakes, black pepper and using more of sweet paprika. Serve these Cajun Caulilfower “steaks” with some cooked grains or beans in a bowl with some hearty crunchy greens or lettuce to make a meal. Lets bake!
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Taco Spice roasted Cauliflower GF
- Nashville style Cauliflower Bites. GF option
- Mango Sriracha Cauliflower bites GF option
- Aloo Gobi – Baked GF
- Cauliflower Fried Rice GF 1 Pot
- Cauliflower Red pepper Soup GF
- No Bake Cauliflower Gratin GF option
Step by step photos:
Prep your cajun spice blend if you haven’t already, Blend the chimichurri.
Rub oil and lemon juice on the cauliflower. Then sprinkle liberally with the spice blend and salt. Lightly spray with oil.
Bake until done. Serve hot with chimichurri or other dressing.
How to slice Cauliflower into steak slices
- When cleaning the cauliflower leave,s leave some of the stalk on the cauliflower. The stalk will help hold the florets together.
- Slice from the stalk side. Slice so that the stalk side is thinner and increase the thickness as you move towards the florets. So the slice will not be even thickness. it will be thicker on the florets side and thinner near the stalk.
- Small to medium cauliflower make for better candidates for slices.
Cajun Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri
- 1 small head of cauliflower , sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices or chopped into medium size florets
- 2 tbsp cajun spice blend ( 2 tsp sweet paprika, 1/3 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1.5 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp onion powder, dash of pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt , if using store bought cajun blend, it might already be salted, so you will need 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup packed parsley or one bunch parsley leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil packed or use cilantro
- 6 cloves of raw garlic more the merrier
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp vinegar apple cider or balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp or more avocado for creamyness optional
- Slice the cauliflower or chop into florets. Blend the chimichurri sauce with a few tbsp of water and set aside. Line a baking dish with parchment. Preheat the oven to 425 deg F ( 220 C )
- Rub oil and lemon juice all over the slices or florets.
- Sprinkle the spice + salt on both sides of the slices and rub lightly. Then sprinkle more on the open side. (If using florets, sprinkle spice + salt, then toss well to coat). For Crispyness, mix 2 tbsp breadcrumbs in the spice mix and salt and then sprinkle all over.
- Spray oil lightly on the spiced cauliflower to seal the spices in, Bake at 425 deg F for 20 to 25 mins. Broil for a minute to sear if needed.
- Cauliflower tends to soften depending on the moisture content after cooking. So serve immediately. Sprinkle some more spice if needed. Cajun can be hot, so add another cooling dressing of choice if needed.Serve with a side salad of beans, chickpeas, or cooked grain or add to tacos, wraps. I make a salad bowl with cherry tomatoes/tomatoes, onion, chickpeas/beans, salt, pepper and chimichurri/lemon with these.