Vegan Tortilla Roll Ups Recipe. Veggies and Sun-dried tomato are mixed in Tofu Herb Cream Cheese and rolled to make Easy Tortilla pinwheels. Vegan Nutfree Recipe, no oil. Can be gluten-free soy-free Jump to Recipe
It is getting hot out here and weekends are more and more about spending time outside. Finger foods, potlucks and picnic meal planning! These tortilla roll ups work out perfectly for either. They need just 20 mins of active time and some time to chill.
These vegan cream cheese tortilla roll ups use a quick creamy filling with herbs, veggies, sun dried tomato, all mixed into a tofu cream cheese like mix. The vegan cream cheese uses just a few ingredients. Just process everything in a food processor. Add some chopped veggies such as peppers or other veggies of choice. Mix in, spread, roll up and chill, then slice and done! Change up the herbs and flavors for variation. See Recipe notes for non soy and no gluten options!
Ingredients used for Vegan Tortilla Roll ups Recipe
- I use firm tofu for a quick vegan cream cheese. along with the ingredients to add tang and cream cheese like flavor such as lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, nutritional yeast for cheesyness and some herbs such as dill and basil for herbed cream cheese. Firm Tofu varies depending on brand. Some are softer and holds more moisture, while some are crumbly and dryer. For the more water content tofu, Squeeze the tofu lightly between paper towels to remove the excess water, so that its not dropping moisture when you hold and then use. For Soyfree, use store bough vegan cream cheese that is non soy based or use cashews.
- Veggies such as green and red bell pepper, spring onion work really well with the herbed cream cheese. Carrots, cucumber and other veggies also work.
- Sun dried tomatoes add additional flavor and texture.
- some fresh greens such as baby spinach or basil, add color to the roll ups.
- Large tortillas, are easy to roll and slice. See Recipe notes for recipe for my gluten-free tortillas.
Step by Step Photos:
Assemble the ingredients, chop the veggies and keep ready. Process the ingredients for cream cheese until silky and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor.
Mix the veggies and chill for a bit.
Spread the veggie cream cheese mixture on large tortillas. Add some spinach or basil and roll.
Chill, slice and serve! You can store the rolled tortilla for upto 3 days.
Tips for Vegan Tortilla Roll Ups Recipe
- Process the cream cheese mixture until very smooth.
- Chop the veggies small enough so that they dont make bulky roll ups, but not too small as well and very finely chopped veggies will leak too much moisture into the filling making it messier and harder to slice.
- Let the rolls up chill for a few hours before slicing.
- Use a serrated knife to slice
How to store Vegan Tortilla Roll ups
- The Tofu Cream Cheese can be made ahead and stored refrigerated for upto 3 days
- The rolled up Tortilla can also be stored in the refrigerator for upto 3 days.
More Appetizers from the blog
- Samosa Pinwheels
- Jalapeno Popper Dip.
- Potato Sweet Potato Latkes Fritters GF OPTION
- Vegan Spinach Pinwheels with Cream Cheese SF
- Chickpea Spinach Pie with Berbere Spice SF
- Elote dip – mexican black bean and corn salad. GF SF
- Pizza Dip with cashew Mozzarella. GF SF
Vegan Tortilla Roll ups Recipe with Dairy free Cream Cheese
For the Cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz (226.8 g) firm tofu , lightly squeezed to remove excess flowing water, sliced, (see notes for soyfree)
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (37.25 g) finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (37.25 g) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped spring onion
- 1/4 cup (59.15 g) finely chopped sun-dried tomato , dry , not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup (15 g) baby spinach or basil or other fresh herbs
- 2 large tortillas , gluten-free if needed (see notes for recipe for my gluten-free tortillas)
- Squeeze the tofu between paper towels to remove the excess water and slice. Add the cream cheese ingredients in a small food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Taste and adjust flavor (salt, tang, add a pinch of sugar to balance if needed)
- Add the peppers, onion and sun dried tomato and mix. Chill for 15 mins.
- Spread the mixture on 2 large tortillas, spread evenly, not more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Add baby spinach or fresh herbs on top. Roll the tortillas tightly, use a little cream cheese to seal the ends. Chill for atleast 2 hours so that the cream cheese can get stiff and the rolls ups can be sliced easily. Slice with a sharp serrated knife. Serve cold.
- These pinwheels can also be served pan-fried. Lightly dust flour on both sides and pan fry until golden and serve. (This is how hubbs ate all)