Vegan Spinach Pinwheels. Creamy cheesy Spinach dip spread on puff pastry, rolled, sliced and baked to make a great Snack. Vegan Soyfree Recipe.
These Pinwheels with Vegan Puff pastry, Spinach, Vegan cream cheese, herbs and spices are Easy, Delicious, quick and everyone’s favorite!
Blanch the greens, Mix in the cream cheese, onion, garlic, tarragon, dill, parsley (yum!), spread over the pastry or tortilla. Serve as is or with some marinara. You can use store bought vegan cream cheese or make your own (see recipe notes). To make this gluten-free use a large gluten-free tortilla, spread the mixture, roll it up. Chill and slice (eg. Samosa Tortilla Pinwheels). If you can’t find vegan puff pastry, use a sturdy pie crust or make one with chilled coconut oil. You can also make this into Spinach Cheese Pizza Rolls! Use my 20 Min Pizza dough, add the filling, roll, slice, no need to refrigerate and bake.
Make these Spinach Cheese Pinwheels for the next get together!
More Snacks from the blog
- Samosa Tortilla Pinwheels – Spiced Potatoes rolled up in a tortilla
- Vegan Pizza Dip! Layers of Cashew mozz, tomato, sauce, herbed mushrooms!
- Spicy Baked Breaded Cauliflower bites with Celery Ranch.
- Baked Vietnamese Fries – Baked potato wedges topped with sweet spicy sauce, sprouts, basil and cilantro . GF
- Jalapeno Popper Dip and Jalapeno Poppers.
Vegan Spinach Cheese Pinwheels
- 2 vegan puff pastry sheets thawed
- 5 to 6 oz baby spinach thawed if frozen
- 8 oz plain vegan cream cheese , I use kite hill.
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried taragon
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp salt depends on the saltyness of the cream cheese
- a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Thaw the puff pastry if you havent already. Leave it on the counter till soft enough to handle.
- Add spinach to a bowl. Pour boiling water and let sit for 3 minutes, then drain and use. If using frozen, thaw squeeze excess moisture and use.
- Add the drained spinach to a bowl. Add cream cheese* (see note to make your own), herbs and spices. Mix well, taste and adjust flavor.
- Place the 1 puff pastry sheet on the other and roll it out to a 12 by 14-16 inch rectangle. Spread the spinach mixture on rolled puff pastry evenly. Roll the puff pastry to make a roll. This roll will be soft at this point. Refrigerate to harden, about 1 hour. (at this point you can leave the roll refrigerated for upto a day, then slice and bake when needed)
- Slice with a sharp knife or a serrated knife into 1/2 inch or less thickness. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 deg F for 25 to 30 mins or until golden. Cool for a few minutes before serving. Store on the counter for the day and refrigerated for upto 3 days.