These pretty Almond Crusted Cauliflower Steaks come together quickly. Sliced Cauliflower roasted with an almond crust and served with nacho cheese sauce and toppings like salsa, avocado and refried beans. Vegan Recipe.
I am loving Nachos right now. So I decided to up the game with this pretty Almond Crusted Cauliflower served with Nacho cheese sauce, pico de gallo and guacamole. Fancy eh.
Yep it works! Cauliflower slices are dipped in spicy batter, crusted in almond meal and baked. Then served with warm cheese sauce, salsa and guac/avocado. Add a side of smoky black beans or refried beans for a more filling meal. Use other nuts like pecans for variation. Use pumpkin seed meal or breadcrumbs to make nut-free
I use my nut-free Nacho Cheese sauce with this. Use any other cashew based or bean based cheese sauce of choice.
These can be made fuss-free as well. chop up the Cauliflower into florets and bake into into almond crusted bites, serve with the cheese sauce and salsa to dip!
Hubbs is at home for the holidays and organizing his garage. New shelves, plans, peg boards and the stuff. With the dreary grey and rainy weather, there isn’t much outside vacationing happening anyway. The fireplace is always on, a big mug of Chai is always available, and m lazy self is getting used to lounging. I am trying to get off the warm Sofa and get back to the schedule of spending more time in the kitchen, creating things and blogging and keeping enough time for the book as well. I am trying. 🙂 So many things to plan for 2015!
Hope your Holidays have been restful and wonderful!
More recipes to try from the blog
Almond Crusted Cauliflower with Nacho Cheese Sauce
For the Batter
For the Almond Meal crust
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc. Make the batter: Mix everything under batter in a large shallow bowl and keep aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, mix everything for the almond meal crust and keep aside.
- Slice the cauliflower into 1/2 inch thick slices. Dip the the slices into the batter. tap to remove excess, dip into the almond meal crust, flip to coat both sides. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Spray oil on the slices. Bake for 30 minutes or until the the cauliflower slices are cooked through to preference. the smaller florets from the sides of the cauliflower head can be made into bites.
- Make the cheese sauce. Serve the Cauliflower slices with warm cheese sauce, pico de gallo, guacamole, cilantro and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Ending 2014 with this beautifully made Infographic from Pounds to Pocket